1 of 1
Huli’s Pissed Off Thread
Posted: 28 July 2011 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-07-28

is a good reason to go to Church—to find God…  Lately, and by that I mean the last six months, I have been reworking poems. Here is one I workshopped on Blueline Poetry. My visits there have been helpful. This poem is about wanting God in one’s life. More so, it says “yearning.” Advent and Christmas are good seasons for finding God. We ask that the Lord Christ be born in our heart at Christmas. Advent is the preparation for the birth of Christ.
As I add to these introductory notes to the work it is September 2008 (Pentecost). It’s that time of the year when poets begin submitting theirChristmas poems to publications, and that is why I have been looking at poems from this period. In fact, I may be late in getting the poem to the reader.
There are so many themes in this poem, as it tells about the coming Christmas and the Christ experience renewed (born in the hearts of man and woman) at this winter time of year. To focus on the beginning, you will notice that the poem speaks of a personal waiting and yearning, and this is one shared during the season by many who follow the poor, chaste Christ through the Church year.

A Man finds he Yearns for God
by Peter Menkin

Shall I be personal about it.
I have begged the holy spirit:
Lead me in reading the Bible.
For my hope is in the Lord.

Nothing matches for me
this hope of knowing God.
I have implored the spirit of truth.
Reveal to me the Word
of God in the Bible.
I yearn, this is a man’s truth.

To live the life—
The promise I want
to have this language in my heart,
in my mind, on my lips. This is an earnest need:
yearn. God chooses us first.
We go to his call.

P UPS for power Back UP WeP,India’s No.1 UPS manufacturer.. reliable, longer power back-up

After a breakup it is only natural to want to get back the man you love. You yearn to hear his voice, look into his eyes and feel his arms around you. Your whole being aches because you want your ex back. To get your ex boyfriend back, make him have the same feelings for you. Learn these tips to make him want you.

What causes you to yearn for something is the thought that it is gone forever and you want it back. To get your ex boyfriend back and make him yearn to be your man again, make him think he has lost you forever. This works hand and hand with male psychology because men always want what they cannot have. So, instead of telling him you cannot live with out him, show him you can live without him very well.

To do this you have to ignore him and act as if he does not exist. You can have no contact with him whatsoever. Try to forget his phone number and his email address. Find other things to keep you busy. Get back with your family and friends, that you might have neglected during your relationship. Enroll in some night classes or do volunteer work. Doing this will take your mind off your ex boyfriend and make you see that there others that need you in their lives.

Soon you will see that you have made your ex boyfriend an obsession. This could have been part or all of the cause for the breakup. You were demanding all of his time and attention and he felt smothered. You were also too available and he took you for granted. In addition to being smothered, he was also bored. Since he was so used to you being available, by taking yourself entirely out of his life you are causing him to miss you.

Although he felt smothered and bored, he did not want to lose you, all he wanted was some breathing room. Now, he feels that things have gone too far and you do not want him anymore. Thinking of the good times you had together will make your ex boyfriend yearn to be your man again. All of this will happen if you do not chase him and tell him you cannot live without him. Giving him a chance to experience his life without you will make him see he does not want to live his life without you.

After a breakup it will take a while, but in time you can make your ex boyfriend miss you and yearn for your love. When that happens he will be back fast. All you need to accomplish this is these effective tips.

It is true that missing you can be one of the biggest reasons your ex will come running back to you, but he will want you even more if he yearns for your love as well. The problem most women have after abreakup is wanting things to happen too fast. This is understandable because you fear that the man you love is gone forever. But trying to force him to want you back by crying and begging him will not do it. You may get his pity, but that is not what you want. You want your ex back, but if you have been chasing him, calling and emailing him incessantly, you are only pushing him farther away.

Men do not want a woman that is needy and desperate. If they think they can have you back anytime they please, they are bored. The only way you can accomplish making him miss you and yearn for your love is to make him feel he cannot have you. This might sound a little crazy, since he is the one that broke up with you. But, the reason for the split could have been that you were too available and he is taking you for granted. If you are there waiting, he can go out and have fun and even date. To get him back you have to show him that he is mistaken.

The best way to get his attention is to ignore him, act as if you accept the breakup and you are moving on. When you suddenly stop trying to get him back, he will wonder what happened. To help things along, go out with your friends and be seen having a good time. When he hears about this, your ex boyfriend will think that you have gotten over him and do not care anymore.

Nothing will make a man act faster than thinking he has lost something that is his. Seeing you living your life so well without him, will make him wonder if he can live his life without you. By ignoring him you have made your ex boyfriend miss you and yearn for your love and he will be back fast.

Posted: 28 July 2011 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

You are apparently very young.  Perspectives, knowledge and wisdom change with age.  Part of what you seem to be suggesting is manipulation or game playing to get an X back.  That can be a dangerous and foolish game.  You also make mention of the x losing something that is ‘his’ or he believes is ‘his’.  Let’s get this little ditty out in the open:  No human being owns another human being—you do not own him and he doesn’t own you; you are not a possession.

If you realize you have behavior patterns that keep repeating, no ‘god’ is going to assist you; it’s up to YOU to recognize those behaviors and then change them, completely, not just on the surface and that takes a LOT of work, a lot of paying attention to your reactions to specific situations. 

If you are wracked by envy, jealousy and very low self-esteem which makes you so ‘needy’ (and this sounds like what you describe) you need to take care of these issues for yourself before you can ever be in a solid relationship. 

Playing games is not part of any solution and that’s what you seem to have created in your post.

Back up, rethink.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 28 July 2011 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26043
Joined  2004-11-08

Psst Huli, it’s a copy and paste spam job.  It’s been floating around the interwebs since at least December of ‘06, meaning he probably won’t be monitoring replies.

And he didn’t even copy/paste it correctly.  raspberry

Old link

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 28 July 2011 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-09-21

... and this thread constitutes a hoax how, exactly?

Maybe the hoax of organized religion, the oldest con game on Earth…

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

“The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.”

Posted: 28 July 2011 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16
feotu - 28 July 2011 08:06 PM

... and this thread constitutes a hoax how, exactly?

Because it’s the first listing on the forum index, so the main one spammers go into when posting. Unfortunately, this one didn’t even spam…

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 28 July 2011 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15

What gets me is the title is in a language most people here probably wouldn’t understand. I sure can’t read it.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 28 July 2011 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

jeeze why didn’t you guys just delete the whole thing?  I was so totally pissed!  So now I have to keep looking at this and be pissed all over again…...........blah…...........

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 28 July 2011 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26043
Joined  2004-11-08

You put such thought into your reply that I didn’t have the heart to delete it. 

I didn’t change the thread title, though.  Must’ve been another of them mods.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 28 July 2011 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I am so blessed…................

Signature 

Posted: 29 July 2011 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

*brings Huli some nice soothing tea and a selection of chocolates*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 29 July 2011 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15
Peter - 28 July 2011 08:53 PM

What gets me is the title is in a language most people here probably wouldn’t understand. I sure can’t read it.

Oh no! Somebody’s changed it to English. Now I’ll never be able to understand it.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

1 of 1