Total Votes: 15
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Astral Travelling:  Real, or Hoax?
Posted: 25 April 2006 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Several months ago, I Googled ‘Tuesday Lobsang Rampa’ an author I used to read (and believe in) when I was much younger, actually, during the years I was in the Marine Corps.  Yes, back when ships were wood and men were iron.

Well, Google led me to this site, and I joined, asking on my first posting if anyone believed in dear Dr. Rampa.

In his books, he often spoke of astral traveling, and in one of them, ‘You Forever’, he actually gave instructions.

I practiced and practiced, night after night, but, sigh, with no success ever.

And now, thirty-some years later, I still am curious.

Is Astral Travelling possible?

I would love to hear comments!

Dan the Seeker of Truth, Life, and loose women with low standards

Posted: 25 April 2006 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
Dan Jr. - 26 April 2006 03:09 AM

Yes, back when ships were wood and men were iron.

Now the ships are made of iron, and the men of wood.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 25 April 2006 11:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

I can’t say that I’ve ever come across anyone who’s said that they can astral project/travel.  I’ve never tried it myself, either.  The only time I’ve come across supposedly real documented cases of astral travelling have been in books about ghosts.  Usually, the person doing the travelling is either in a dire situation or dies, and their spirit goes to a loved one to tell them not to worry…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 26 April 2006 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-05
Smerk - 26 April 2006 03:16 AM

I can’t say that I’ve ever come across anyone who’s said that they can astral project/travel.  I’ve never tried it myself, either.  The only time I’ve come across supposedly real documented cases of astral travelling have been in books about ghosts.  Usually, the person doing the travelling is either in a dire situation or dies, and their spirit goes to a loved one to tell them not to worry…

Yep, I read Mary Higgins Clark’s books, too!

It must be neat to have spirits and ghosts and mediums and stuff helping you handle your problems!  Of course, where were they when they had a chance to keep you from having the problem in the first place? 

[Gee, Dan, if they did that, there would be nothing to write a book about!  Use your head!]

Dan the Avid Reader of Every Author

Posted: 26 April 2006 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11

I think it’s entirely possible, but have not had any first (or second) hand experience with it smile

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 26 April 2006 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-01-08

I’ve read a bunch into it and tried, but never had any results. It’d be very freaking cool if I could though.

Posted: 26 April 2006 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18
Dan Jr. - 26 April 2006 02:45 PM
Smerk - 26 April 2006 03:16 AM

It must be neat to have spirits and ghosts and mediums and stuff halping you handle your problems!  Of course, where were they when they had a chance to keep you from having the problem in the first place? 

[Gee, Dan, if they did that, there would be nothing to write a book about!  Use your head!]

It would be terrible to find out the ghost of my grandmother watches me when I’m alone.  I do things no one should see.

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 26 April 2006 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I used to have a book on the subject, and I still might.  It was written in the 30s or 40s and I can’t see myself throwing something like that away.  I’ll look for it.  It was an interesting read if nothing else. 

And then there’s all my Edgar Cayce books, but that’s another topic all together…..

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 27 April 2006 10:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-05

Now, that guy would be good to introduce as a topic on the Hoax board, you know?

And I was just noticing that there are hardly ever any new posts there.

Want to do it, Ms. B?

Oh, if you remember the name of that book, it would be fun to google.

Actually, I kind of do believe in Astral Travelling, I think a lot of what we perceive as dreams are actually Astral adventures, such as the large nice building you described with endless rooms, many empty.

I had a way very odd dream once:  I was standing in this room with no real defined walls, and before me were three older men seated behind a large table, obviously judging me, as though I was before a Board of Review.  The one on the left spoke to the one in the center, telling him he didn’t think I was ready.  The one on the right then spoke, and told the man in the center the same thing.  Then the man in the center looked at me a bit, with great kindness and feelings in his expression.  I stood there for a moment, very disappointed that I was judged ‘not ready’.  The center man, obviously the senior member, seemed to say something to the effect that, maybe he is ready…...when I started crying, and one of the outer two said, ‘See, he isn’t ready.’  The center man kind of nodded in agreement with him.

I was ashamed and heartbroken and left the room, still crying.

This dream was perhaps thirty years ago.

Gee, I would so love to go there again!

Dan the Not Yet Ready

Posted: 29 April 2006 01:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29
Dan Jr. - 26 April 2006 02:45 PM

It wasn’t her books I’ve read it in.  Actually, I had to dig out and old high school essay to recall what book I had read it in:

ARNETT, Kevin, 1986,
The Kevin Arnett Collection:  Tales of the Supernatural and the Unknown,
Southdown Press, Melbourne, Victoria.

Sadly, I no longer have a copy of this book, and I currently can’t seem to find a copy of it online for sale.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

1 of 1