4 of 16
Secret Santa, anyone?  Names have been drawn!
Posted: 22 July 2011 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14
Tah - 21 July 2011 09:28 PM

I do believe Gray made several posts about never getting his SS present last time.

If possible (especially if shipping to another country), it might be a good idea for people to try to ship presents in such a way that they can be reliably tracked.

I don’t think it was the shippers fault by any means.  I am pretty sure it was the post office at this end.  They sent me the notice for the parcel and when I went to collect it they had already shipped it back for some unknown reason, no explanation forthcoming.  Even they couldn’t track it after that so I have no idea if it even ended up back in the hands of whoever sent it. 

However this is another year and I’ll take the chance again and pray they can get it right this time.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 22 July 2011 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-01-13

I’m in!

Posted: 22 July 2011 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

Well, I sent a message to Elfster, and they said they thought they had the problem fixed, but it isn’t as of yet.  So I sent them another message saying that there was still a problem with the link.  So for now, just let me know here if you’re interested, and I’ll send an email to you! smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 06 August 2011 04:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Hmmph.  Haven’t heard anything new from Elfster, so I’ll just get rid of the sign up link in the first post.  Anyone who wants to join in still has plenty of time, though!  Just let me know, and I’ll get an invitation sent out to you. smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 06 August 2011 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

P.S.  Just as a “tip” about shipping things overseas…Since I have done it a lot:

When you fill out your customs form…Even though it SAYS to be specific…Be generic.  I had to send Eric a hard drive & several electronics and always just said “office supplies” or even “school supplies”, lol.  For food items I just said “dry snacks”.  Or maybe non-perishable snacks.  I wrapped everything super well…padded it if I needed to, etc.Things sometimes got placed in freezer ziplock bags individually so that if something happened to the BOX itself…then the things inside wouldn’t get wet.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 26 August 2011 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Just as a quick reminder (so y’all don’t think I’ve forgotten about this! LOL ): sign-up deadline is September 30, so there’s still lots of time.  Still waiting on a few people to accept their invitations.  If you haven’t gotten an invitation and would like one, just send me a PM! smile

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 26 August 2011 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21
Maegan - 06 August 2011 11:05 AM

P.S.  Just as a “tip” about shipping things overseas…Since I have done it a lot:

When you fill out your customs form…Even though it SAYS to be specific…Be generic.  I had to send Eric a hard drive & several electronics and always just said “office supplies” or even “school supplies”, lol.  For food items I just said “dry snacks”.  Or maybe non-perishable snacks.  I wrapped everything super well…padded it if I needed to, etc.Things sometimes got placed in freezer ziplock bags individually so that if something happened to the BOX itself…then the things inside wouldn’t get wet.

Those are really good ideas, Maegan!  I found much the same thing when sending things to Middle Son in Iraq.  If I listed each item exactly, it was like a shopping list or something and some of the ‘cool things’ seemed to go missing. (And the box would have odd ‘tears’ or holes in the sides.) hmmm 

I just have to remember to get the silly things out on time! red face  And You guys better sign up quick!  (I have some GREAT ideas for presents!) cheese

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 26 August 2011 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I am showing on the list aren’t I?  I know I responded and even went to Elfster but I’m not sure everything ‘took’!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 26 August 2011 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Yep, Huli, you’re there. smile

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 20 September 2011 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Just a quick reminder: the deadline for sign-up is the 30th of this month!  If you’re interested in participating, let me know, and I’ll send you an invitation. smile 

Bebe and Gray, I’ve sent yours but Elfster isn’t showing you as accepting.  Just want to jog your elbow, ‘cause I don’t want you to miss out.

Also, I’m going to sticky this for now, because I don’t want it to get lost.

And did we ever decide on a spending limit?

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 20 September 2011 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16
Crafty Dragon - 20 September 2011 12:57 PM

And did we ever decide on a spending limit?

Yes.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

4 of 16