1 of 1
Query 4.  Your employer is, for whatever reasons, well-loved
Posted: 06 July 2011 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Query:  Is there anything or are there any points about the scenario outlined below that you might call to question?

Your employer is, for whatever reasons, well-loved by his/her employees including yourself.  A lot of this love and loyalty to your employer is from feedback by others.  Your employer gives you a 50% raise along with fewer work hours; a reason is not given.  You’re able to utilize the increase in pay to get a home, transportation, and even invest.

You are relaxed and thankful for the security and you let your employer know how you feel.  All goes well for a period of time.

One day as you sit down at your desk your employer calls you into the office to tell you he/she has to take back all that was given a long time ago; again there is no reason given.  But your employer is well-loved so you are very willing to tough it out and continue working.

You lose your home, then your transportation.  You are taken to court over credit accounts that can no longer be paid.  Eventually you go completely bankrupt.  You are still working for your well-loved employer and over time you start to accept that your situation is difficult to impossible but you at least are still working.

After another period of time your employer once again gives you a 50% raise along with fewer work hours; a reason is not given.  You’re able to utilize the increase in pay to get a home, transportation, and even invest.

You are relaxed and thankful for the security and you let your employer know how you feel.  All goes well for a period of time.

One day as you sit down at your desk your employer calls you into the office to tell you he/she has to take back all that was given a long time ago; again there is no reason given.  But your employer is well-loved so you are very willing to tough it out and continue working.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 July 2011 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16

I question why I am suddenly that bad with my money that I buy so much and go into debt so badly that I lose everything. I mean, I’m still employed, still working, still have a steady income. It’s just less than it had been. I should still be able to get by, even if I have to sell some of the luxuries I had purchased along the way.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 06 July 2011 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28

What Tah said ...and my employer is NOT the only employer in the world…

Think about it Huli.
I am currently being garnished for 25% of my wages and STILL paying all my bills, still have food, still have insurance, still have all the crap I had before. I could sell BLOOD if I really needed cash fast. I could sell my belongings if I needed cash fast. I could find a temp job if I needed cash for the long term. There are other options.

PLUS, you said that the person was able to INVEST. A person who is able to invest in a modest LOW RISK plan shouldn’t all of the sudden find themselves without cash or savings.

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 07 July 2011 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Heh…I’ve been living a similar scenario for the past 18 months or so.  My pay has been a tad irregular for a while for various reasons. However, I’ve always had enough in the bank to continue living my current lifestyle (which is not anywhere near reaching, let alone over-reaching my means).  I honestly can’t understand how people can spend more money than they have.

I’ve stuck with my job simply because I’m a rather loyal person, plus there’s not been anyone to take on my position (until now).  Now there’s been some changes that the boss has made to her accounts, plus changes to my role means that the problems previously experienced should be on their way to being fixed.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

1 of 1