1 of 1
query 2.  You’re in a prison cell….
Posted: 06 July 2011 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

query: You’re in a prison cell even though you know you’ve not committed a crime. That’s where you are and you’re alone and have been for longer than you can remember. The warden asks if you would like company so you won’t be alone. The warden explains that you can, if you wish, select anyone of your family and friends and they will be brought to live in your cell with you. Would you consider this offer?

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 July 2011 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9101
Joined  2008-03-02

I might consider it very briefly.  But I would not wish that kind of imprisonment on anyone I love.  So I would decline the offer, and hope that someday I would be allowed to leave the cell and rejoin my loved ones.

Besides, no matter how much you love someone, I think that if you and someone else were locked up in a cell alone, you’d drive each other bonkers eventually! wink

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 06 July 2011 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah.. I’d ask for an internet connection instead..

I’m reminded of Red Dwarf, in which the Lister asks why the computer has re-created the most annoying, obnoxious person on the entire ship, instead of some of the folks he actually *liked*. The computer tells him that it’s to keep him sane. “But he’ll drive me crazy!” “No he won’t. you won’t give him the satisfaction.”

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 06 July 2011 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

I don’t know. Right now I’d say that I would refuse the offer, but if it was really happening and I was hugely lonely then maybe…

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 06 July 2011 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15027
Joined  2006-08-16

No. Because they would ultimately resent me for it which wouldn’t really help make the situation any more bearable.

And if I’ve been in here, alone, longer than I can remember, how can I remember having friends and family?

On the other hand, if a friend or family member willingly offered to come join me I would consider it. It would certainly depend on who it was whether I would accept or not, but I would consider it.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 06 July 2011 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8451
Joined  2006-02-28

Only if they were a lockpick or locksmith cheese

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 07 July 2011 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29

Sure, I’d consider the offer.  I always consider options.  Whether I’d accept it or not is another question!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

1 of 1