2 of 3
Greetings from Estonia (what happened to Alex?)
Posted: 06 July 2011 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
gray - 06 July 2011 01:57 PM
Smerk - 06 July 2011 11:41 AM

I agree, Huli.  I miss some of the interesting conversations that people used to have round here, too.

Shall we start one?

yes, but it has to be enflaming to emotions or else no one will stick around….............

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 July 2011 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2011-07-04

I’ve always enjoyed reading the conversations, and fights, that people had in this forum as well. I’m not a member of Favebook, but I wouldn’t mind joining a conversation in the forums if someone else started it…
(Unless you want me to try and find some “professional” trolls for the forumers to argue against. Nothing unifies and enlivens a community better than a common enemy.)

Posted: 06 July 2011 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Anyway.. welcome and hi and such…

I’ve actually met a few nice folks from Estonia. They came by our home town of Davis for a few days, and since my father is fluent in Russian, he helped show them around.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 06 July 2011 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28
Smerk - 05 July 2011 11:37 AM
Cliodna - 04 July 2011 09:36 PM

...I consider Acci to be my role model…

Oh dear…

I was thinking exactly the same thought…
Have you collared our colorful diatom or are you holding him hostage somewhere safe Smerk?

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 07 July 2011 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Joe, Acci’s still stubbornly staying out of reach.  I’m not happy about that, either.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 07 July 2011 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
Smerk - 07 July 2011 12:05 PM

Joe, Acci’s still stubbornly staying out of reach.  I’m not happy about that, either.

In other countries the to be bride is expected to be kidnapped by members of the to be groom’s family and carried to his home…..I believe the reverse should be planned here.  Who’s with me???

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 07 July 2011 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02
hulitoons - 07 July 2011 03:48 PM

In other countries the to be bride is expected to be kidnapped by members of the to be groom’s family and carried to his home…..I believe the reverse should be planned here.  Who’s with me???

I’m in! grin

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 07 July 2011 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28
Crafty Dragon - 07 July 2011 05:20 PM
hulitoons - 07 July 2011 03:48 PM

I’m in! grin

I would like to be involved in a plot to bring Smerk & Acci together by Shanghi methods!

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 07 July 2011 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Road trip to Australia via Virginia(?)! grin

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 08 July 2011 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2011-07-04

What’s wrong with considering Acci to be my role model? :D This forum was what taught me critical thinking. Before that I was a die-hard paranormal believer
Road trip to Australia? I’m in. ^^ I want to see the land down under!

Robin Bobcat - 06 July 2011 06:56 PM

Anyway.. welcome and hi and such…

I’ve actually met a few nice folks from Estonia. They came by our home town of Davis for a few days, and since my father is fluent in Russian, he helped show them around.

Hello. Yep, most estonians can speak Russian. Good to hear your father helped them out. It’s odd actually, it seems that nowadays everyone knows someone who knows some estonians. Guess it’s because the younger generation is emigrating to Norway, UK, America. =/ Kinda sad actually, all my friends are leaving the country one by one… And yet it seems that nobody knows where Estonia is located.

Posted: 11 July 2011 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I deny all allegations, except for the really awesome stuff.  And all participants provided valid proof of being at least of legal age.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

2 of 3