2 of 12
Haro Wine Festival - Haro (Northern Spain)
Posted: 02 July 2011 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16

I’ve had a fun Saturday so far, too. I watched about half of Tranformers 3 (it was pretty good - much better than 2). We went to Home Depot this morning for the kid’s workshop. The project this month was a coaster holder with two coasters. Then we went to Best Buy to pick up the Lord of the Rings extended edition on blu-ray. We had lunch at The White House Grill, a local Mediterranean restaurant known for using lots of garlic.

The we came home and have spent the rest of the afternoon playing LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean on Wii. We’re now contemplating dinner. I’ll probably be have my left-over Italian sausages. Mmmmmm…

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 02 July 2011 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

This afternoon, we had Dave’s mom and dad, as well as Berlyn’s crew, over for a picnic supper.  We grilled burgers and hot dogs, and had all kinds of sides, including sweet potato fries, which I’ve never had before.  It’s been a good day. smile

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 02 July 2011 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

I spent Saturday in bed nursing a cold.  Still have the cold, but I’m feeling well enough to have stood under a hot shower for twenty minutes or so.  Still, I think my plans for today shall be much the same as yesterday, although I’ve at least changed into day-time clothes rather than staying in my PJs.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 03 July 2011 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

Another fine morning in the world.  It would be even better if I wasn’t at work.  But I have vacation coming up at the end of the shift so I’ll get a break from the monotony.  It’s days like this when I just know that it’s going to be beautifully sunny and warm that I really want to hop on the bike and go for a long distance cruise.  cool smile

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 05 July 2011 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Gray, a bike trip would be amazing!

And I think I’m going to have to go snack on some spammers.  They’ve gotten out of hand and are threatening to overwhelm the dust bunnies. gulp

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 08 July 2011 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Wow, no posts in 3 days?!  gulp

Anyhow, I’m currently enjoying a banana/strawberry/peach smoothie (with some raspberry yogurt added in), and am about to watch the first episode of a new season of Torchwood—for once, I get to watch something before the folks in the UK!  grin  However, I promised Flora that I wouldn’t post any spoilers. smile

Signature 

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 08 July 2011 11:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

Yeah, I’ve been slacking about posting on the MoH as well. downer

It’s the heat, I think.  Makes me want to curl up into a little ball. In the freezer. shut eye

*...Goes about re-coloring the forum…* cheese

I didn’t even know that they made a color called “chocolate chip”! gulp  cool grin

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 09 July 2011 02:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Dave I’ll swap you the heat for some of our cold.  I swear my fingers are turning blue (not counting the blue nail-polish).

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 09 July 2011 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

I’m so jealous that you guys get Torchwood first!

It’s finally stopped raining here, after having thunderstorms almost all day. Quite a few parts of Edinburgh have got flooded today and yesterday!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 10 July 2011 02:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Madmouse - 09 July 2011 08:43 PM

Quite a few parts of Edinburgh have got flooded today and yesterday!

Well, don’t leave your town sitting around in low-lying areas all the time while it’s raining!  Sheesh!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 10 July 2011 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

There’s been a lot less rain today, so things should start drying out.

I spent the afternoon playing D&D and eating biscuits. grin

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

2 of 12