1 of 1
7 Legendary Acts of Petty Revenge, on number 5…
Posted: 10 June 2011 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Insulting You With a Royal Band
“The Queen’s Royal Guards are a British institution charged with greeting and playing for foreign dignitaries from around the world. In America, they are mostly known for having made Leslie Nielson’s eyes cross that one time in Naked Gun. Anytime a notable person of importance visits the country, it’s a British tradition to have the Royal Band has to play for them, and anyone who saw the ridiculous hats on display at the royal wedding should know how they feel about letting traditions die. But sometimes the band doesn’t want to play, because sometimes the person of notable importance is a douche bag.

The band faced just such a dilemma when Saudi King Abdullah came to Britain. Being sensitive artsy musician types, certain band members didn’t agree with the king’s tolerance of human rights abuses and his promotion of such delightful books as Women Who Deserve To Go To Hell. But it would be breaking hundreds of years of tradition to not play for him.
The band finally agreed to go with tradition and play for the king, choosing a song that truly represented how they felt about him:
The Imperial March!

That one really cracked me up.
Sheer eloquence through music.

Via Cracked.com

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 11 June 2011 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

I thought that was a pretty awesome use of another person’s hubris and lack of modern references! cool grin

Nothing like announcing the leader of an evil empire has arrived… gulp  cheese

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 11 June 2011 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Yeah, and announcing it with a passive-aggressive insult is awesome.
And I admired the way how the whole guard of honour kept a straight face.
I still get the giggles when I think of that video.

[size=1]“It

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

1 of 1

‹‹ Chilean volcano erupts      Cute Cat Videos ››