1 of 1
Bilderberg mystery: Why do people believe in cabals?
Posted: 09 June 2011 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

Ordinary people can only guess at the goings-on at the meetings of the secretive Bilderberg Group, which is bringing together the world’s financial and political elite this week. Conspiracy theories abound as to what is discussed and who is there. Why, asks Tom de Castella?

The belief in secret cabals running the world is a hardy perennial. And on Thursday perhaps the most controversial clandestine organisation of our times - the Bilderberg Group - is meeting behind closed doors.

In the manner of a James Bond plot, up to 150 leading politicians and business people are to gather in a ski resort in Switzerland for four days of discussion about the future of the world.

Previous attendees of the group, which meets once a year in a five-star hotel, are said to have included Bill Clinton, Prince Charles and Peter Mandelson, as well as dozens of company CEOs.

First meeting in 1954, the aim was to shore up US-European relations and prevent another world war. Now under the group’s leadership of former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger and one-time EU vice president, Viscount Davignon, the aim is purportedly to allow Western elites to share ideas.

But conspiracy theorists have accused it of everything from deliberately engineering the credit crunch to planning to kill 80% of the world population.

Full Story

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 09 June 2011 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16

Why do people believe in cabals?

It’s kind of hard not to. I mean, I spent years with it hooked up to my TV and getting a monthly bill. The bills were even more when I subscribed to premium channals!

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 09 June 2011 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Probably because the things do exist in real life, so it gives a plausible (to varying degrees) reason for why things are going badly:  because things were planned to go badly.  Which is easier for some people to accept than the idea that sometimes bad things happen just because they do.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 09 June 2011 07:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2897
Joined  2005-06-15
Tah - 09 June 2011 09:11 PM

It’s kind of hard not to. I mean, I spent years with it hooked up to my TV and getting a monthly bill. The bills were even more when I subscribed to premium channals!

Cabal. Sounds like the name of a vegetable or maybe a type of sausage.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

1 of 1