Total Votes: 9
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Should I buy a second pair of shoes?
Posted: 09 June 2011 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

So ‘She who must be obeyed’ is keeping you in check Peter and making sure your feet, legs and back stay healthy!!!

This is too hilarious for words though LOL!!!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 09 June 2011 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15

I’m wearing my new boots to work today. We have casual day on Fridays.

I had to role up my jeans 80s style. The lovely shoe polish isn’t 100% dry so I didn’t want it to get on my jeans. The lovely shoe polish normally takes at least a day to completely dry no matter how much I brush it. So lovely I know.

Pins and needles. Oh joy to the world for my aching feet. Nothing like a brand new pair of shoes but in this case they are ankle high boots.

Last night at the store I asked about new socks and they told me they don’t make them anymore. “OMG” I thought. At least I have a good supply of unopened ones at home. Still I did know some day in the dim dark future I’d wind up having to buy socks of a different brand. But the real shocker came when I walked back into the store and asked about spare laces, they stopped making those as well. I’ll have to stop going there for a while, I think the poor young lady is sick of the sight of me.

Did I say I’m expecting another pair of brand new shoes to arrive today?

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 16 June 2011 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

Well I think I’ve done away with my old problem of not having enough shoes. There is a 50% off clearance sale at the place where I’ve been buying shoes so I bought yet another pair. That makes 3 new pairs of shoes and 1 new pair of ankle size boots. That’s not including the pair of cheap slippers I bought yesterday.

It just means I now have 2 identical pairs of shoes because 1 pair was 50% off. I might stash 1 pair away until I need them.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 16 June 2011 07:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

Nyeh, my mother always says if you find a pair of shoes that fit well and are comfortable, it’s a smart idea to get a second pair.

Mind you, considering the trouble both she and I go through trying to find comfortable shoes that fit properly, it’s just common sense.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 16 June 2011 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Absolutely about getting extra pairs if you find a model(s) that fit well.  Also Peter, you remind me of Erik who makes sure he has extra socks etc. in packages that he doesn’t open until the others wear out!  Unlike me…..when I buy new things the package is immediately opened and the item(s) are worn pretty quickly if not ASAP.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 20 June 2011 04:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

I must confess I bought another pair of ankle high boots, the same pair as I bought recently, for half price. That makes 3 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of boots and 1 pair of slippers that I’ve bought recently. Apart from the slippers they’re all the same brand so I hope I don’t look daggy (i.e. nerdy).

I think I’ll stop for now.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 20 June 2011 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Peter, ‘daggy’?  NOT!  Right after I got my first Weboo shoes I bought the second.  Each image should be attached here.  I wear them and believe me, I do NOT care what other people think!!!

Image Attachments
w1.jpgw2.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 20 June 2011 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15032
Joined  2006-08-16
Peter - 20 June 2011 08:19 AM

Apart from the slippers they’re all the same brand so I hope I don’t look daggy (i.e. nerdy).

I would say people caring about what brand shoes you’re wearing, keeping track of what brand shoes you’re wearing, and people thinking “badly” about you because of the shoes you’re wearing are the ones with a problem. Don’t put too much thought into it. If you’ve found a brand of shoes you like and that fit you well then stick with them.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 20 June 2011 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

If I saw somebody who was always wearing the same brand of shoes, I’d just figure that that particular brand happened to be the one that best fit his feet.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 10 July 2011 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

Yay Verily I say unto thee.

I have bought a 6th pair of shoes, again of the same brand. So now I have 2 pairs each of the different styles of shoes. That should definitely do me for now.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 10 July 2011 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05
daveprime - 06 June 2011 01:33 PM

And by owning and alternating between two pairs of shoes, both pairs actually last MUCH longer than a each would if just worn consecutively.  (Something to do with being allowed to dry out and ‘rest’.)  So, just from a financial standoff, owning two pairs is better than owning one. wink

I was going to suggest that as I’ve heard that as well.  While a short term financial crunch, in the long term you save money.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

2 of 3