1 of 1
Literally Unbelievable
Posted: 30 May 2011 05:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

http://literallyunbelievable.tumblr.com/

Given the number of times we’ve had someone come into the forum frothing at the mouth about the latest news article, only to post a link to The Onion, I thought I’d share this with you. Its pretty much people who fail to recognize parody and satire even when applied in an over-the-top manner.

It’s somewhat interesting, psychologically. Apparently the kneejerk reaction completely trumps the rational analysis of the article, even to absurd levels. Tell someone something they would be outraged at if it were true, and they will believe it! People want to be outraged! Righteous indignation is what separates us from the animals!

A sizable portion of the entries are for people outraged over a ‘proposed’ abortion complex, which is a perfect example of a hot-button issue totally destroying rational analysis.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 30 May 2011 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Of course, I just had a thought… if they wanted to be completely meta, they could post up fake reactions, to see if people are willing to believe the incredibly unbelievable responses...

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

1 of 1