1 of 1
Masses dedicated to Bin Laden hoax
Posted: 09 May 2011 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2006-04-12

I thought this was a more original hoax than the usual Bin Laden ones that have circulated recently. A friend of mine who lives in the diocese and co-incidentaly has the same name as the priest told me somebody rang up requesting the mass and the old lady who is a bit….doddery just took it down without question

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/notice-of-mass-for-bin-laden-a-hoax-154000.html

A NOTICE of a Mass to be celebrated in memory of Osama bin Laden this week in a Dublin Catholic church has been described as a hoax.

The Church of the Assumption in Howth, Co Dublin, published a parish newsletter yesterday carrying the notice regarding the Mass for the founder and spiritual figurehead of the al-Qaida terror network.

A list of Mass intentions for May 8 to 14 in the newsletter stated that Mass at 10am on Thursday would be for “Osama Bin Laden (Recently Deceased)”.

The newsletter was also posted on the church

Posted: 09 May 2011 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

For a minute there, with that title, I thought this was going to be about a large number of people being very fervent in believing OBL isn’t dead.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 10 May 2011 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2006-04-12
Robin Bobcat - 09 May 2011 05:08 PM

For a minute there, with that title, I thought this was going to be about a large number of people being very fervent in believing OBL isn’t dead.

whahaha. gaze in awe at my sub-par play on words!

1 of 1