3 of 6
Can anyone tell me why these dealers cannot or refuse to ship to .....UPDATE: It’s here!!!  And it’s bigger than I thought!!!
Posted: 03 May 2011 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

According to one site: http://www.blurtit.com/q133550.html, sold Flymo mowers here in the U.S.  I’ve gone to their site however and I see only huge (almost) farming mowers.

If you wish to contact their USA office you can write to, Husqvarna Consumer Outdoor Products Incorporation, 1030 Stevens Creek Road, Augusta GA. The best way to get in touch with them would be by calling on their toll free number that is; 1-800-633-522. Or if you want to send them e-mail or check their website you can log on to their official website or email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). There is one more address where you can send mail to Flymo Lawn Mower Company. This is the head office address in United Kingdom for Flymo Lawn Mover; Huskvarna AB (publ) Jonkoping Corporate Identity number; 556000-5331. You can mail them Southeast-561 82 Husqvarna. You can try calling on +463 614 6700.For more information about Flymo Lawn Company log on to

So I sent a message to the e-mail address for them given in the Blurtit site but I had no idea if it was still active.  I heard from them, sent them my address back and am now waiting for a reply.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 03 May 2011 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

This company - http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/acatalog/info.html - seems like they might ship abroad if you contact them to discuss what you need.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 03 May 2011 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Thank you Madmouse.  I have sent them an inquiry along with my address and phone number. 

I have received a reply from one of my many with a shipping cost of 89 GBP for an 80 GBP (roughly $278 total)
Flymo Turbo/Turbolite 400 TL400 Electric Hover Mower (which is larger and heavier)

So I’m now waiting for two other replies, one being the store you’ve given me Madmouse!  Both of these know exactly what I want, the microlite.

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 03 May 2011 07:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

It might be easier to just get some goats or geese.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 03 May 2011 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Oh believe me Acci, if either or both were permitted by the HOA I surely would and happily!

Signature 

Posted: 03 May 2011 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

One thing to watch Huli,  If you get a model that is designed for European use at 240 v it might not work properly over here.  It is quite easy to get a transformer to drop the voltage to 120 but the problem is the difference between 50 hz and 60 hz.  Many devices wont’ have problems with this sort of thing but motors can be sensitive to the difference in frequency and using one at the wrong frequency may shorten it’s life. 

When I returned from my tour in Germany that was one of the things they warned us about.  Most electronics that doesn’t have motors have a built in converter but a lot of stuff with motors doesn’t.  So I’m not sure about the model sold in the states but I would assume that it is built to operate on North American electrical systems.  If you get it from overseas it may not.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 03 May 2011 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

It seems that those that were sold here also had to have a converter.  The ones recommended by Flymo are the larger ones sold at Home Depot, Lowes and through Amazon.  I already have one picked out gray.  I do know what you are talking about since we travled and lived overseas but also carried our own electronics, machines etc. so had to use them daily.

Signature 

Posted: 04 May 2011 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I have received an e-mail response from mowdirect, the linked store you sent to me Madmouse :

Good Morning

I am afraid we do not ship to the USA

Apologies for any inconvenience

Kind Regards,

Sally
Customer Care

Signature 

Posted: 04 May 2011 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

Aren’t you glad you asked? wink  LOL

I just LOVE it when companies are such founts of info! LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 04 May 2011 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I’m beginning to get worried about conspiricies. 

I have been talking to Dobbies Garden ( Dobbies.com ) who sell these since yesterday.

They even agreed giving me a break on the shipping along with a discount. However, even while I had them on the phone while I submitted the order we saw that my bank was refusing to release funds. I had to call the bank who advised me they have a block on the UK for all accounts. They lifted it for me for a space of just a few hours but Dobbies still hadn’t gotten their funds when I called them minutes afterwards.  I even gave them all my card information over the phone yet again and the bank still refused to release my funds.  It’s possible there is a delay so I asked them to keep trying and let me know by the close of their business day before going home.  I didn’t think doing yet another order would be very bright at this juncture.

Signature 

Posted: 04 May 2011 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

Huli, not sure if you saw my response on Facebook or not, but I’ll let you know here what Dave was telling me.  Apparently there have been a bunch of the Nigerian-type scams going on, originating in the UK.  So, to protect their customers, banks have had blocks against transactions to UK companies.  Our son Jake had a similar problem a couple of months ago—he wanted to do a money transfer and was told that he couldn’t unless he visited his bank branch in person—kind of tough to do when he’s thousands of miles from the nearest one! LOL

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

3 of 6