3 of 5
dogs/pets
Posted: 01 May 2011 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2011-04-21

Some good stories, Smerk is your dog ok, what did the vet say?

Signature 

Im right your wrong

Posted: 02 May 2011 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Holly’s fine.  It’s mainly just allergies.  That’s the drawback of having a purebreed…darned inbreeding means a lot of health problems, and allergies is one of the staffi’s problems.  She was given a shot of cortisone and a suggestion to feed her evening primrose oil and fish oil three times a day.

She also one joint slightly out of whack, as when the vet was manipulating Holly’s legs, something went “pop!”.

Holly seems to be feeling her usual self, but she was still limping a little first thing this morning, so she ended up missing out on her daily walk/play at the park.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 02 May 2011 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

Tex is apparently allergic to something as well.  (He tends to chew all of the hair off his flanks over time if we aren’t paying attention.)  He spent almost 8 months getting nothing but raw chicken and a few types of veggies, but that didn’t seem to do anything.  (I think he ate better than we did!!) We’ve also tried the shots and antihistamine tabs. no good.  Now it just kinda comes and goes. shut eye

It has been okay for around 6 months or so, but he is showing signs of ‘itchiness’ again.  We moved into our current home two+ years ago, and I figure there might just have been something around here he was/is/might be allergic to.

I am glad your pup is okay, Smerk. smile

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 02 May 2011 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Four kitties

Zoe, Lexi, Shadow and Mystic (Maoqin)

Zoe (white) tends to consider herself as the Queen of the house. She loves to dominate everyone and mother everyone. Shes a fat cat that had her claws removed as a kitten (by her previous adopter)

Maoqin (white, fluffy) doen’t care what Zoe does so long as she doesn’t infringe on his space, play with his toys or try to dominate him. He likes to play, can’t be trust out on his own because we lost him once for 36 hours when he got stuck on a rooftop. Maoqin will often snuggle up to my wife in the bed (Grrr) he also gets a little irritated it we stay up too late because he wants to den. His real name is mystic, but he hasn’t been called that for so long that he might not even recognise the name anymore.

Shadow (grey, fluffy) will spend hours just staring at shadows on the walls, often those formed by herself. For a long time she was at the bottom of the heap, but has started to climb. Problem is she’s the sort of cat that will be a bit of a tyrant if she ever reaches the top of the heap. Shadow has spent time as a stray and obviosuly hated it, for the first few years since we got her she was terrified of being outside. Shadow also fears loud noises such as fireworks and thunderstorms and will hide in the downstair bathroom during such times.

Lexi, (white) littermate sister to Zoe which is probably what kept her off the bottom of the heap for so long. Lexi is very intimidated by Shadow now and likes to spend a lot of her time outside, (though only in the back garden) possibly to avoid said grey kitty. Lexi, like Zoe has had her claws removed. 

Both Lexi and Zoe are velcro kitties, often looking for a lap and attention
Maoqin also loves attention, though the only petting he really wants is to have his ears scritched.
Shadow is the only kitty I’ve ever known that likes to be petted while she eats and will often come and fetch me specially to perform this service.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 02 May 2011 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Beware the wrath of Gustavus Adolphus Millipedeus Maximus!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 May 2011 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Gorgeous!!!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 02 May 2011 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-23

Shadow

Lexi

Maoqin

Zoe

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
In Western Australi

And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

Posted: 02 May 2011 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Pretty Pretty Pretty ONES!!!

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 02 May 2011 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Lexi reminds me a lot of Marshmallow.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 May 2011 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-23
Accipiter - 02 May 2011 11:08 PM

Lexi reminds me a lot of Marshmallow.

got a piccie?

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
In Western Australi

And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

Posted: 02 May 2011 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

FuzzyButt is a plucker, that much is well known here.  So, a couple weeks ago I began some research to find new ways to help with this problem besides shedding telephone books (which he does well and still plucks).

I found an interesting site that sells eucalyptus branches and leaves for parrots with this particular problem.  I was smitten with the idea because while shredding the branches and leaves the eucalyptus sap flows onto the bird and his/her surroundings forming a kind of insect repellent because of the fragrance while also providing oils to beak and hands.  Well, I was sold and bought about $40 worth of the stuff which arrived today.

I was so excited that I ran up to FuzzyButt who was in the bedside bookcase which faces his DVD player….one of his movies was playing while he was nestling in the blanket on the third shelf.  I began to distribute what I just knew was going to make him feel better and what I just knew he was going to enjoy shredding.  I left with a happy grin and went down to the kitchen where I was working on window tint beside the nanny cam. 

His movie ended and it was quiet up there at first but then the most demonic growling sounds I have ever heard began to pass caustically from the nanny cam.  I thought something must be wrong with the DVD player and knew I needed to turn it off because the sounds were just escalating horrifically and believe me, I never ran so fast in a good many years.

As soon as I got to the room I realized the sound was not the DVD player at all and suddenly it began again, terrifying, growling and as I said DEMONIC!  All I wanted to do was get FuzzyButt out of the room….........until I looked down and saw that he had doubled in size and it wasn’t ooze that did it…............................... It was FuzzyButt making the sound and posturing to the eucalyptus branches!!! 

I had to remove all of them to a safe distance before he became…..........a bird again!

Signature 

3 of 5

‹‹ school      Pink Spring ››