3 of 8
April 22 - Earth Day - Palau
Posted: 26 April 2011 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

Hmmm. Someone keeps deleting the Mabus threads from the “spam” folder.  I thought that is where they were supposed to be placed when they come up.  (Though, to be honest, only the first inch or two of each thread is actually ‘new’.  The rest is just what has been posted before, cut and pasted into the thread.) Oh well. grin

Internet guy just left.  they haven’t figured everything out, so he is going to the “super-secret service center’ (His words) to put us on a new server. shut eye
Crafty recorded the modem fail and its lights blinking, so now at least he believes us. LOL

*...Wanders in to clean the kitchen and start a fresh pot of java…* cheese

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 26 April 2011 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

I hate it when people insist on bringing a sh*t load of chocolate and candy in to work and lay it out for everyone.  My resolve generally disintegrates and I end up eating a lot more than I should.  Sigh.  But at least they taste good as they go down.  I suspect it’s all a plot to fatten me up for some ancient sacrificial rite.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 26 April 2011 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21
gray - 26 April 2011 04:36 PM

I suspect it’s all a plot to fatten me up for some ancient sacrificial rite.

*...Hides newly sharpened carving knife under tablecloth…*
cool smirk

Nah. I’m sure they’re just being nice. wink

*...prepares properly drugged tonic for Gray…* cool grin

Need a small drink to wash all of that chocolate down? cheese

Signature 

Posted: 27 April 2011 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Bored bored bored….

Slow night at work… I really wish the coworkers would pay more attention to their jobs, though. Would be nice if they realized certain reservations are just ‘holds’, rather than full reservations, and it would be astonishing if any of them checked the fax machine on their own…

*sigh*

Seems to be a week of minor irritations that nontheless add up to major annoyances. One of the biggest ones is that Union Pacific Railroad has fenced off my neighborhood, so I can no longer hop over the tracks and get to downtown. Instead of being three blocks from my favorite pizza place, I am now over a mile. Yes, it’s technically trespassing, and illegal, but UP refuses to allow an at-grade crossing in the area, citing ‘numerous’ fatalities. There have been four deaths, NONE of which were at the point where we cross, two of which were suicides, and the others had been heavily drinking. There *is* a fence, put up because we didn’t want the local riffraff wandering through our houses, and UP decided to put up short fifteen-foot fences directly in front of the gates in those fences, claiming basically that it’s their property and they can do whatever they want, despite the debate on whether or not it actually is their property and whether the city will allow it…

This town loves a good city council drama.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 27 April 2011 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

Hhmmm. It almost sounds like it might be time for some “good samaritan-ninja” to go out with a pair of decent two-handed wire snips and cut gateways into their fences.  For the common good, of course! wink  cheese

Signature 

Posted: 27 April 2011 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Well, the amusing thing is they aren’t true fences. Oh, sure, they’re bona fide fences, constructed of tight-weave expanded steel, and eight feet tall….

... but only fifteen feet long.

They’ve been placed approximately six inches away from the gates in the existing fences, in what basically amounts to the minimum possible effort expended to say ‘screw you’ to the locals. They may legally be in the right, but they’re being dicks about it. The passage has been used for decades without incident, and we could honestly use a real crossing at that point.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 27 April 2011 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

*bats lazily at a bit of string*

Signature 

Posted: 27 April 2011 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29
daveprime - 26 April 2011 04:17 PM

Hmmm. Someone keeps deleting the Mabus threads from the “spam” folder.  I thought that is where they were supposed to be placed when they come up.  (Though, to be honest, only the first inch or two of each thread is actually ‘new’.  The rest is just what has been posted before, cut and pasted into the thread.) Oh well. grin

There’s no point in keeping those Mabus threads.  It’s the same crap repeated over, so it’s better just to do a ban and delete with those things.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 27 April 2011 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

Ah.  We were just followin’ orders! wink

I successfully Frankenstiened Crafty’s laptop last night. (YAY!) surprised  She woke up at 4am, fired it up, and hasn’t looked back since! LOL  LOL

*...Preps the armored shuttle for transport…* blank stare

*...makes sure to load the Banana Cream Pie Launchers with extra whipped cream…* cheese

One can never be too careful! hmmm 

*VROOM!*

Signature 

Posted: 28 April 2011 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeesh.. fine crop of spammers today. Even got one actually leaving behind posts. At least he’s putting them in the ‘jokes’ and ‘hoaxes’ threads…

Signature 

Posted: 28 April 2011 03:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

I’m here! I’m here!

Sorry. red face  I got the report emails, but i was catching up on my Fringe episodes….. cheese

*...finishes roasting the spam crop, returns to Fringe…* cool grin

(my interwebz is still pretty choppy this time of the morning…) downer

Signature 

3 of 8