3 of 3
*Update* Tai Chi : a good exercise for the old or infirm?
Posted: 26 April 2011 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10731
Joined  2008-02-21

Thanks Huli. smile

I am kinda a “basket case”.  My docs normally treat me like i am made of porcelain. (Not really understanding that the high heart rate/pain level are tied together and, for me at least, NORMAL.)  I have no problem doing something, provided the return is greater than the downside/pain.

The instructor/class leader was aware of my circumstances.  I think the “float effect” you mentioned is pretty dead on.  For most, the transition from semi-weightlessness back to full weight is rather quick and gotten past without too much difficulty. A few steps, five minutes or less, and they are back to “normal’.  It may be that my transition is just so much harsher that it is difficult to move fully back to “normal”. (Bone-crushing, stabbing pain at every slight movement.)  Also, after the exercise, my muscles are ?tired?, so the fine control I constantly maintain is that much harder to achieve.  Agony results.

Anyhow, i don’t want to make this whole thing a thread on my pain issues. (Long and boring.)  I’ve always enjoyed the way tai Chi looks, and learning it slowly probably wouldn’t hurt me. wink  Now that i have the webz back, i shall go out looking at what everyone has given me. smile  Thanks.

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 26 April 2011 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

I’m the same way about excercising. I have a disgustingly high pain tolerance, and can work past even that. I have to be careful not to over-exert myself when exercising.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

3 of 3