1 of 1
Stick Figure Creatures Caught On Security Camera
Posted: 08 April 2011 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

So this hasn’t officially been proven or disproven yet, but some people are saying one thing and others are saying another, and I don’t know much either way.

http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/2011/04/has-nightcrawler-returned.html

Has ‘The Nightcrawler’ Returned?

In 2008, a CCTV video of a ‘stick person-like’ creature walking through a San Diego, CA residential yard was recorded and went viral on YouTube. It was dubbed ‘The Nightcrawler’ and was investigated by at least 2 parties (each with an opposite opinion as to authenticity). Now a recent sighting in Fresno, CA has raised more questions, including…has ‘The Nightcrawler’ returned?

The big theory amongst the various commentors on YouTube is that whoever it is is on stilts, hence the bizarre walking. There’s a video where the guy tries to debunk that by setting up a stroller where the whatever-it-was walked by, which showed that they appeared to be of similar height. Okay, so I know that there are ways to manipulate how tall things look in comparison to one another on videos.

The thing that gets me though, is how the legs look so bendy. They just seem to be going every which way, like the entire whatzit is made of jelly or something. Maybe it’s possible to do that with stilts, I dunno…

The other thing is that it’s very likely that two idiots decided to dress up and wander around like they were armless aliens or whatnot just to dick with anyone who might be out late at night. I’m sure a person could replicate that deliberately if they wanted to. The question, of course, would be why someone would do something like that, besides the usual “it’s Saturday night and they were drunk”. I mean, something like that would probably take a bit of time, money, and planning, wouldn’t it?

So yeah, what does everyone else think?  ohh

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 08 April 2011 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

It looks to me like someone wearing baggy trousers and walking backwards. As for why, to prank the people living there?

Or this.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 08 April 2011 11:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

Yeah, it took me a bit of time, but I remembered what that sort of whitish glow of theirs in the dark reminded me of. A group of students in my old high school had this tradition of entering the winter talent show and doing a brief skit that involved wearing all black except for strips of neon. The end result was that they resembled stick figures. The neon glowing strips were a bit greener, but the effect was similar.

Or yes, Doctor Seus. XD

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 09 April 2011 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

It could be faked.  It looks kind of fishy to me.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 09 April 2011 12:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15

I say they look like baggy trousered beings who have emanated from the viral marketing portal.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 09 April 2011 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

Yeah, people in white overalls with black shirts, definitely walking backwards (I’ve observed a lot of people doing that walk at tai chi).  Looks rather obvious when the nearer figure walks by the tree on the far right just before the end of the video.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 09 April 2011 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

The “little guy” apears to be bent over as he walks backward.  You can see the black shirt and black headwear obscure whats behind that part of his body.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 27 April 2011 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-04-26

the footage was examined in Fact or Fake, a show on Syfy. A team tried to debunk the footage by recreating it, thought they were unsuccessful

1 of 1