I’d Fund THAT For A Dollar
Posted: 21 February 2016 08:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8465
Joined  2006-02-28

LONG time no update…
Well that ends today!

Project Update #23: Detroit Needs A Statue of Robocop! by Imagination Station Detroit Fri, Feb 19, 2016 8:37 pm

Kickstarter

Update #23
My what a big bronze head you have
Posted by Imagination Station Detroit

Hi all! Here are the latest pictures we’ve received from Venus Bronze Works showing the fully cast bronze head and some other Robo features. We’re excited to see the progress and have been told they’re closing in on completion. Of course, we’re in the same position you are, waiting for the work to be done. The good news is production clearly continues. We’ll keep you updated when we get another update from Venus.

Thank you again for your companionship on this loooong road to a giant statue.

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 29 June 2016 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8465
Joined  2006-02-28

Project Update #24: Detroit Needs A Statue of Robocop!
by Imagination Station Detroit
Tue, May 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Guest Update with New Pics, Studio Visit, and Love Connection

About a month ago, a friend and great photographer (as you will see) contacted us with a favor. Seems that after her transplant from Detroit to Texas she found big love in the big state, and our little RoboCop Statue played a small role! The story, which will one day be legend no doubt, goes that on their first date (you know, when you tell your life stories and try not to do something too dumb) the statue came up in conversation. He is a huge Robo fan and backer! She recognized his refined taste and decided that he’s a keeper, so when they were planning to come to Detroit for a visit she devised a secret plan of her own to surprise him with a visit to Venus Bronze Works. How could we say no to that! Plus they are sharing the love with us! Here’s Taylor’s update with Elisabeth’s pictures!

A RoboBacker in Old Detroit

Like the rest of you, I’ve been eagerly awaiting the latest Robo news, and through a serious of fortunate events, I found myself face to face with Robocop’s large bronze visage on my very first trip to Detroit.

Serve the public trust; Protect the innocent; Uphold the law; [Classified]

10 Feet Tall and Bulletproof
The last time Team Robo checked in, the molds had been prepared and were at Venus Bronze Works in the capable hands of artisan Giorgio Gikas, who is in the final stages of crafting many dollars’ worth of bronze bricks into a Robocop that will weight 2500 pounds and stand 10 feet tall—13 once on his pedestal.

Hundreds of pounds of raw bronze

A modest Giorgio
Touring the studio helped me understand just how large of an undertaking building the statue has been. Giorgio put in a furnace solely to melt the statue’s bronze, which is then poured by hand into each form. And after a tremendous amount of work—pro-bono, no less—almost every section of Robocop has been cast, ready to be assembled.

Bronze furnace

Ready for duty
I left the studio knowing that the project remains in good hands, and Robo is nearing the final stages of completion. I’m excited… are you? Go get ‘em.

Trunk mold in preparation

Dead or alive, you’re coming with me

Supportive footwear

After and before

OCP runs the cops

Look at the size

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

4 of 4