1 of 1
Ultra-light model planes
Posted: 08 February 2011 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

http://gizmodo.com/#!5755037 http://m.gizmodo.com/5755037/watch-these-gorgeous-feather+like-planes-spit-in-gravitys-face

Super-light planes that drift aloft for up to half an hour… Entrancing.

Edit: Let’s try that link instead….

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 08 February 2011 08:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Ummm. . .all I get is a hard-to-navigate website featuring an article on stop-signs.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 February 2011 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16

Probably this article/video on that site.

Edit: Nope. No matter how I try to link to it the Stop sign article is always where it takes me.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 09 February 2011 03:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

Sunnuvva… ok, let me try and nail down the article a bit better..

Ok, that should work. Don’t know why it wouldn’t work, I try to double-check my links when I post them.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 09 February 2011 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

Link works fine now, Robin. smile

Amazing video, btw.  Beautiful and almost surreal.  Outstanding find!

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 09 February 2011 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21

The scary thing to think about is that here you have something that light and delicate.. that has to resist the tension of the rubber band… I wonder how many suffer critical failures and suddenly disintegrate..?

Signature 

Posted: 10 February 2011 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Those are beautiful. smile

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

1 of 1