1 of 1
What happened to John Wilkes Booth?
Posted: 26 December 2010 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/24/did-abraham-lincolns-assassin-get-away-dna-could-end-questions/?hpt=Sbin

Did Abraham Lincoln’s assassin get away? DNA could end questions
Inside a grave in Mount Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is DNA that could finally put to rest debate about whether Abraham Lincoln’s killer escaped capture and lived for years before committing suicide.

What’s that you say? Wasn’t this all solved 145 years ago? That depends on who you ask.

The way it’s written in history books, John Wilkes Booth was cornered 12 days after shooting President Lincoln at Ford’s Theatre and killed in a tobacco barn before being laid to rest in a family plot. But there have been several historians over the years not entirely satisfied with this version.

“If the man who killed our greatest president got away and a giant hoax was perpetrated on the American people, then we should know about it,” historian Nate Orlowek told The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Descendants of Booth’s have heard various stories about whether he was actually able to live another 38 years, traveling around the country and changing his name several times before killing himself, according to The Inquirer.

The theory has been debated before in published books, documentaries, TV shows and even Thursday night on the History Channel on Brad Meltzer

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 17 May 2011 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2011-05-17

To add a note of interest to post, the doctor who examined the body of Booth had also had him as a patient.  He told the General who was in the room with him that he body before him was not that of John Wilkes Booth.  He was then told by the General that no matter who was layinig there, it was officially John Wilkes Booth and would not discuss it further.  The Doctor according to the story was told not to discuss he matter further as well.

Posted: 17 May 2011 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

Got a reliable source?

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 17 May 2011 04:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-17

Sorry UB, that came off of the top of my head from something I read years ago.  I will try to find that source, but it’s fairly well known.  I’ll get to work on it.

Posted: 17 May 2011 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

A head is not a reliable source.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 18 May 2011 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-17

Maybe yours is not, but mine is.  I will cite a source when I get the free time.

Posted: 18 May 2011 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

You are quite insulting.

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 19 May 2011 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-17

I’m just funnin UB, I am ripping my siding off of the house at the moment and I want to make sure I get reliable info for your post which will take more time than I can alot at the moment.  Hugs nd Kisses.

Posted: 20 May 2011 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-17

Here is a link to : Contradictions in the Autopsy of John Wilkes Booth

http://www.innominatesociety.com.

Type in John Wilkes Booth in the search window.  This is a medical website.

1 of 1