Total Votes: 7
You must be a logged-in member to vote
People with a university degree fear death less
Posted: 05 December 2010 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

People with a university degree fear death less than those at a lower literacy level

People with a university degree fear death less than those at a lower literacy level. In addition, fear of death is most common among women than men, which affects their children’s perception of death. In fact, 76% of children that report fear of death is due to their mothers avoiding the topic. Additionally, more of these children fear early death and adopt unsuitable approaches when it comes to deal with death.

These are some of the conclusions drawn from a research entitled Educaci

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 05 December 2010 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2892
Joined  2005-06-15

Well I’m half way through my Degree studies. Should I be half afraid?

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 06 December 2010 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

.................If death were introduced in the education system, children would have a more real and intense approach to life, and many of the problems derived from the mourning process in the adulthood would be prevented.

First, I’m not exactly sure how the educational system could possibly cover this issue at all since we ONLY know that death means the body ‘stops’, decays and must be buried or otherwise dealt with or it becomes bio-hazard material.  No educational system is able to deal with death beyond that single fact since no one knows anything about death beyond that single fact.

The only institutions I am aware of who provide any platform to deal with death are the various religions or spiritual belief systems.  As far as I’m aware, any individuals who give good credence to any of these should have no fear of death at all except perhaps the dying process itself.

I fail to see how ANY problems from mourning can be avoided…..ever.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 07 December 2010 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27
Peter - 06 December 2010 12:14 AM

Well I’m half way through my Degree studies. Should I be half afraid?

Nope. You

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

1 of 1