UPDATE 10/6/11 Next month it have been a year now since I smoked my last analog cigarette! Today Dave announced today that he received his e-cigs as well!!!]
These are all other threads on the Forum, but I’m putting these here again because they outlined questions I had…
I’ve been a smoker for 40 plus years, up to 2 plus packs a day, then just over one pack, and finally just over 1/2 pack.
When I moved here with Erik I began to confine myself to smoking ONLY in one tiny bathroom in the basement.
I do NOT smoke in the car.
I light one cigarette, take 2-3 pulls, butt it, and return to that cigarette later until finally it’s smoked to the end. No part of my cigarettes are wasted because I retain any butt until it has been smoked to the filter.
Most of the places we go to beyond home restrict smoking or don’t allow it at all even outside over acres of ground
In the end, I have been completely constricted and fettered. I have learned that because I smoke I am basically unwelcome, a filthy pariah, so I seldom go anywhere now.
I am not unique.
I have also learned that nicotine by itself is much the same as caffine. Product preparation and delivery as the issues. For example, caffine typically comes in fluid forms so one generally consumes it through the mouth and into the stomach, not through the nose or lungs. Caffine, like nicotine is addictive.
After asking questions here to which none knew any answers about e-cigarettes, I decided I needed to get the answers myself so after a lot of research from users, doctors and even the government (most of these are outdated now though), I bought an e-cigarette starter kit.
1. It was delivered by mail and required a signature and proof of age (in my case proving I’m over 18 is not a problem)
2. The first FULL day I smoked a total of 4 real tobacco cigarettes along with my e-cigarettes (I usually smoke about 15 tobacco cigarettes)
3. The second FULL day I smoked a total of 1 real tobacco cigarette along with my e-cigarettes.
4. This is the third FULL day so I’ll let you know.
To waylay any ideas about these being suitable for cocain or crack…........:
1. Most of the e-cigarette is a battery (enclosed). The mouth piece is a lightweight plastic holder for the atomizer. The cigarette cannot hold anything that burns, nor does the battery heat up beyond what you expect from a penlight.
2. There is no smoke or danger chemically or otherwise for anyone (including yourself) except water mist. A water mist does come out depending on how hard you pull on the atomizer.
3. You can tell when the cartridge atomizer is empty when you can’t taste the flavor anymore. Yep, you can get cartridges in cherry, vanilla, java, tobacco AND you can get them in varying degrees of nicotine OR no nicotine at all. You can also tell when you’ve had too much nicotine because, like having too many expressos, you’ll have so much energy!
The difficulties for me are changing or recognizing habits tied to smoking regular cigarettes:
1. Because I smoked in just one tiny room, I became too used to jumping up MANY times during the day to head to that tiny room. I keep suddenly jumping up, standing there like an idiot trying to figure out where the hell I’m going because I no longer need to hide anywhere…........my cigarette is right here, I can smoke it anywhere, anytime, in the company of anyone.
I have become institutionalized in a way and now I’m free and can’t quite figure out that I am.
—-OMG we’re going to the movie tonight and I’ll be able to smoke right there!!!