1 of 1
Best football fake play ever
Posted: 09 November 2010 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2004-11-10

No one will ever be able to try this again.

Signature 

Alas, to wear the mantle of Galileo it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment, you must also be right.
-Robert Park

Posted: 09 November 2010 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21
Captain Al - 09 November 2010 02:43 PM

Unless, of course, they already did.

smile

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 09 November 2010 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-03-07

That play should be have been blown dead and the team penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. As a high school official, such “verbal deception” is a foul. Such plays have no place in high school sports, especially at the middle school level. That coach should be ashamed. The officials should be ashamed (at middle school, they are perhaps not certified officials - but they should still know the rules).

Posted: 11 November 2010 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

Wow.  The coach and the kid both don’t seem to be the brightest bulbs in the box. That being said, I really don’t think the play is ethical, even if it may be technically ‘fair’.  These are kids we’re talking about, not some pro ball players.  I always thought that one of the MAJOR things being taught during school sports was honor and good sportsmanship.  At least it was when I played ball.  (We would have NEVER tried something like this, because we believed that winning was a matter of skill, not full on deception.)

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 11 November 2010 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

I dunno. There’s a long history of trick plays in football. One team used to sew football-shaped leather patches on their jerseys, back in the early days of the sport.

Not sure if it’s ‘cheating’, ‘unsportsmanlike’, or ‘unethical’, but kids should be taught that people are occasionally sneaky rotten bastards who don’t do what you expect them to, and may even get away with it.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 11 November 2010 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2004-11-10
Robin Bobcat - 09 November 2010 02:53 PM
Captain Al - 09 November 2010 02:43 PM

Unless, of course, they already did.

smile

Then I guess you can only do it about once every 3 years.

Signature 

Alas, to wear the mantle of Galileo it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment, you must also be right.
-Robert Park

1 of 1

‹‹ Bigfoot      Placebo Bands! ››