2 of 2
Woman on Cell phone in 1928 movie?! Time Traveler theories emerge…
Posted: 29 October 2010 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-09-21

Well, when all mention of this suddenly disappears from the net that’ll prove it WAS a time traveller, since they obviously went back again ( or perhaps they have to go forward) to prevent themself from getting captured on film.

Could be all this time traveller talk is nonsense & it’s really an extraterrestrial using some sort of alien tech rather than a cell phone.

Or maybe a time travelling ET? Hmmmmmmm

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

“The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.”

Posted: 29 October 2010 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
feotu - 29 October 2010 04:54 PM

Could be all this time traveller talk is nonsense & it’s really an extraterrestrial using some sort of alien tech rather than a cell phone.

Or maybe a time travelling ET? Hmmmmmmm

Don’t be ridiculous.  She’s clearly a human.  From Atlantis, on the bottom of the ocean.  The Atlanteans have had mobile phone technology for thousands of years, after all.  They were instructed on how to make them by the same aliens who told the Egyptians how to build pyramids.  When they finally rise to the surface of the ocean again, they’ll put Verizon and AT&T and the rest all out of business from the sheer awesomeness of their Atlantean cell phones.  Assuming that they don’t accidentally bring Cthulhu up with them as well and end all life on Earth.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 29 October 2010 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-09-21

[quote author=“Accipiter” date=“1288397173 When they finally rise to the surface of the ocean again, they’ll put Verizon and AT&T and the rest all out of business from the sheer awesomeness of their Atlantean cell phones.  Assuming that they don’t accidentally bring Cthulhu up with them as well and end all life on Earth.

Or so Xenu would have us believe!

Signature 

“Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely true!

“Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals. Except the weasel.” ... H Simpson

“The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas.”

Posted: 29 October 2010 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2892
Joined  2005-06-15

I suspect the Atlanteans were consultants to the present mobile phone companies and intentionally made them poor service providers as a marketing exercise. They will eventually start up their own mobile phone company and it’s service will be so superior everybody will be prepared to pay a premium price for their service.

They’re really smart these Atlanteans.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 01 November 2010 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21
Peter - 28 October 2010 02:47 PM

I’ve read the person is probably just holding onto a hearing aid. View the old time hearing aids here.

As for the talking, I’d go along with the person talking to somebody off camera or maybe talking to themselves.

One theory I’d heard elsewhere was an even OLDER hearing aid: It’s the perfect position for holding an ear trumpet.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 02 November 2010 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I can’t believe I missed this somehow.

I dunno…I buy the time traveling bit.  smile

That hearing aid…the BATTERY was cellphone shaped, but that wouldn’t be held to the ear.  And I’ve seen ear trumpets…they don’t really get held that way…

She could be holding the collar up above her face (which doesn’t rule out her being a time traveler, she’d clearly be trying to hide facial features that could give away her futureness).

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 04 November 2010 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

http://www.hearingplanet.com/article-a-brief-history-of-hearing-aids.php

Early 20th century: The first electric hearing aids were introduced in the early 1900s. These were very inconvenient contraptions that required people to carry a large box - often the size of a suitcase - connected to a receiver they held to their ears.

http://gallery.nen.gov.uk/image656859-.html
http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/broughttolife/objects/display.aspx?id=6713

This was a silent movie.  The ‘actor’ needed to hear specific directions from the director so being able to hear was necessary. 

In order to conceal the device box, the individual would need to wear larger clothing, or in this case a cloak. 

In order to conceal the actual aid, which was sizable, the hand.

http://hearing.siemens.com/sg/10-about-us/01-our-history/milestones.jsp?year=1924
history of siemens patent (pics attached)

Image Attachments
1924-pic02.jpg1924-pic01.jpg
 Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 16 November 2010 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2010-09-19

its funny my dad was watching a thing on tv where some bonifide card caring tree climbing nut eating chipmunk genius was very adamant on proclaiming that it was a cell phone invented by the FREE MASONS of that time….now my dad is a Mason…i think he laughed for about an hour or so…..

the Masons are not a SECRET organization they are an organization with SECRETS…if they had invented a cell phone back then…i think we would know about it

takes all kinds to fill the free ways

Signature 

“if you wonder how he eats and breaths and other science facts…just keep in mind its just a show you should really just relax…”

Posted: 17 November 2010 05:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

This is the second item about a supposed time traveller in old imagery in a short while. I smell a viral for an upcoming movie…...

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 17 November 2010 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2010-09-19
LaMa - 17 November 2010 10:46 AM

This is the second item about a supposed time traveller in old imagery in a short while. I smell a viral for an upcoming movie…...

i did some snooping around and the guy that was claiming the time traveler for CHAPLIN’S movie was a producer from England getting ready to release his next movie….you sir could be right

Signature 

“if you wonder how he eats and breaths and other science facts…just keep in mind its just a show you should really just relax…”

2 of 2

‹‹ End of the Earth Postponed      Bigfoot ››