8 of 10
The Happy Denmark Hoax
Posted: 01 March 2011 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

This guy has a real agenda here.  He says he lived there for several years, but given the imaginary and um, creative way he makes up facts on the spot, it is hard to believe anything he says. If (and that’s a pretty big if) he actually spent any time there, he must have spent all of his time socializing alone, in his bedroom….. shut eye

Like LeMa, my guess is some happy, warm, kind, and generous Danish fella stole his girlfriend. (Or beat him at his favorite online game and made him spill his soda on his mom’s basement carpet.) LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 02 March 2011 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-09-19

Did i hit a raw nerve, Accipiter? 14 posts in a row, where you basically contradict yourself. You must be going through something. Everyone who reads this thread will clearly see the factual evidence that i posted. It shows that Denmark is not even a happy country. Give it up, Accipiter. You lost it. Even your own Wikipedia article is against you now. It shows Denmark placed 40 out of 106 in terms of suicide, i am not sure if you still haven’t realized it, but that is above average and relatively high. Basically you claim, that the suicide rates in Denmark are low. Then you link to a Wikipedia article that clearly shows that the suicide rates in Denmark are relatively high. So basically, you are contradicting yourself to my favor. That is good fun. And spamming the board with 14 useless posts in a row doesn’t help you much either. wink

The fact that Denmark has a relatively high suicide rate only adds further proof that Denmark is an unhappy place to be, with unhappy citizens. Give it some rest, or at least give your keyboard some rest. It must be trampled to pieces by now after your 14 spam-post rampage. Though it’s good fun smile

Posted: 02 March 2011 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

. . . .

You didn’t even read any of it, did you?

You do not have ‘factual evidence’. Everything you’ve said has been mistaken, misinterpreted, or just plain made up. Acci’s ‘tirade’ was a point-by-point disassembly of your entire position, and you think you’ve won the argument? What next? Black is white? Night is day?

Fine then. It’s clear that you are incapable of rational discourse. Possibly due to mental illness. You should see a doctor about that. Until you can provide a meaningful rebuttal, then I’m afraid you’re going to have to be the object of ridicule around these parts.

Oh, and: Numbers 12, 13, Cracked’s #1, Psychologist’s Fallacy, Cherry-Picking, Ad hominem (trending to appeal to ridicule), Straw Man, and a few others. I’m not going down the list.

Short version: You lose. You lost walking in the door. Until you can prove otherwise, you shall continue to have lost. Further, even if you somehow manage to prove you are right, we. do. not. care. if Denmark is being misrepresented as a happy place.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 02 March 2011 07:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
handsomeguy123 - 02 March 2011 08:54 AM

Did i hit a raw nerve, Accipiter? 14 posts in a row, where you basically contradict yourself. You must be going through something. Everyone who reads this thread will clearly see the factual evidence that i posted. It shows that Denmark is not even a happy country. Give it up, Accipiter. You lost it. Even your own Wikipedia article is against you now. It shows Denmark placed 40 out of 106 in terms of suicide, that is above average and relatively high. And adds further proof that Denmark is an unhappy place to be, with unhappy citizens. Give it some rest, or at least give your keyboard some rest. It must be trampled to pieces by now after your 14 post rampage. Though it’s good fun smile

Seriously: are you for real?!?

Both Acci and me have shown in our previous posts that you totally misrepresent the actual statistics (and I believe you do that deliberately. Either that, or you have some serious cognitive disfunction).

We rebutted you point by point with the actual statistics, which refute pretty much everything you have argued so far, and have pointed out case after case where you deliberately misread publications (it goes beyond cherry-picking in your case: you completely misrepresent things). Yet you claim to have ‘won’. Bizarre! 

To quote Sheldon Cooper: “In what Universe would you conceivably have won?!”

The way you act around this topic is so bizarre that it is worrying, as it is definitely beyond what can be considered ‘sane’. Either you have a massive O’Reilly-like hidden agenda in spouting this disinformation: or there is something seriously wrong with you, cognitively.

In your case, I also wonder if we perhaps are just feeding a troll. Because you seem devoid of any form of a realistic outlook on things, to the point where we, as sane forum members, ask ourselves the question whether a guy like you can be for real.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 02 March 2011 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Denmark in figures 2011 (small summary of essential data)

Denmark Statistical Yearbook 2010 (large overview of data)

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 02 March 2011 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-09-19
LaMa - 02 March 2011 12:21 PM

Both Acci and me have shown in our previous posts that you totally misrepresent the actual statistics.

I’m afraid you haven’t. You have been denying the actual statistics and the factual evidence while throwing out personal attacks, which automatically puts you in the position as the loser. I don’t need to sink down on your level.smile

Look at post #54. I have added a printscreen of the article. The same goes for post #55.You are the one who is denying the factual evidence. Everyone can clearly see the factual evidence and documentation, so i am afraid that your name calling and accusations won’t help you much. Just like denying the evidence won’t help you either smile The rest of your post isn’t really worth anything except a couple of childish insults, which i am not going to take participation in. That is a bit below my level. And the articles revealing that the citizens of Denmark living in the middle of the worlds cancer capital, as well as the article revealing that Denmark is the country in the world, where most citizens have to leave the labor market because of mental illness is done by OECD and WHO, respectively, and contradicts your delusional idea of “Happy Denmark” completely. The evidence is now widely available for public access, and i am quite happy and satisfied with my work. I can withdraw as the happy winner smile Thanks for participating, and have a nice day.

Posted: 02 March 2011 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21
handsomeguy123 - 02 March 2011 01:51 PM

The evidence is now widely available for public access.

I’ll agree with THAT anyhow! rolleyes

Where do we find these guys, anyhow?  They live in Bizzarro-World where up is down, left is right, and facts and lies are interchangeable.  shut eye

HGuy, get help. Seriously.  hmmm
You come in here, rant about like a five year old, have all of you arguments torn to shreds, and then declare yourself the “winner”.  blank stare

Ah yes, Argument #12, #3, and a HUGE Number 14.

Wowzers. LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 02 March 2011 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Did i hit a raw nerve, Accipiter? 14 posts in a row, where you basically contradict yourself.

Feel free to try to show where I did so.

It shows Denmark placed 40 out of 106 in terms of suicide, that is above average and relatively high.

Aaaaaand you totally ignore the real numbers (the actual suicide rates, which in Denmark is 10.6) and instead use the arbitrary numbers (the position on the list).  The exact same mistake you made when looking at health care.  The exact same mistake that has been pointed out to you before.

As I pointed out in the comment you referred to, and as you so carefully ignored, 10.6 is 44% below average.

Give it some rest, or at least give your keyboard some rest. It must be trampled to pieces by now after your 14 post rampage. Though it’s good fun smile

Interestingly enough, the number of your posts to which I was replying at that point was also fourteen.  And half of the text in my posts was me directly quoting you.  The rest, of course, was me providing the actual information that you were ignoring or distorting in your fourteen posts. . .

Notinteresting - 02 March 2011 01:20 PM

The anti-American comments pervading this board on every side are a bit perturbing.  I’d just like to point out the original poster is clearly not American, as his writing is full of grammar mistakes a native speaker would never make.  Furthermore, he clearly implied an anti-US bias in his early references to the “American media” (not that Americans are pro-everything America).

I can’t speak for the others, but I did have reason for whenever I made comparisons to America.  First off, because right in his very first sentence here he made this a question about why the Americans see Denmark as a happy country.

handsomeguy123 - 19 September 2010 06:34 PM

Hi all

I was reading how the american medias are lying about Denmark, which they claim to be a happy country.

Which makes comparisons between Denmark and America a main part of the discussion as he set it up.

Also, because he not only tends to write in American style English with American spellings and American terms, but he also says that he is lives in America:

handsomeguy123 - 23 September 2010 06:37 PM

I live in the states. . .

And so again, comparing Denmark to the US is useful in that it compares two places that he should be familiar with.  Of course, given how apparently unfamiliar he is with Denmark in spite of supposedly spending four whole years there, that might be of limited use. . .

Look at post #54. I have added a printscreen of the article. Everyone can clearly see the factual evidence and documentation

So you consider a five-sentence blurb from a sensationalist media agency that vaguely quotes from the OECD as being a better source of information on what the OECD says than the actual reports from the OECD itself.  That explains much about your argument.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 March 2011 05:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

You know, instead of quietly going back and totally re-writing your posts after they have already been quoted and commented on, you might try instead posting your corrections and additions of new material in a new post.  Otherwise, it looks as though you’re trying to stealthily cover up your mistakes without acknowledging them and to slip things by people.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 March 2011 06:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
LaMa - 02 March 2011 12:21 PM

Both Acci and me have shown in our previous posts that you totally misrepresent the actual statistics.

I’m afraid you haven’t. Look at post #54. I have added a printscreen of the article. Everyone can clearly see the factual evidence and documentation, so i am afraid that your name calling and accusations won’t help you much. Just like denying the evidence won’t help you either smile The rest of your post isn’t really worth anything except a couple of childish insults, which i am not going to take participation in. That is a bit below my level. And the articles revealing that the citizens of Denmark living in the middle of the worlds cancer capital, as well as the article revealing that Denmark is the country in the world, where most citizens have to leave the labor market because of mental illness is done by OECD and WHO, respectively, and contradicts your delusional idea of “Happy Denmark” completely. The evidence is now widely available for public access, and i am quite happy and satisfied with my work. I can withdraw as the happy winner smile Thanks for participating, and have a nice day.

It’s a terrible shame that some people can grow up with such a low level of maths, logic, manners and reading comprehension.
He obviously wasn’t educated in Denmark.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 02 March 2011 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Right, most of what he wrote in his stealth-edit of an earlier post was just more of the same stuff:  distortions, double standards, and totally ignoring the meaning of everything that anybody else has said.  But I’ll go ahead and address a couple of bits that he brought up, starting with one bit since it’s actually a fairly common mistake.

handsomeguy123 - 01 March 2011 02:23 AM
Accipiter - 01 March 2011 02:47 AM

Suicide rates in Denmark:  10.6 out of 100,000 (making it number 40 out of the top countries for suicide).  This puts it 44% below average.  In comparison, the US is number 39 on the list, with rates of 11.1 per 100,000 people.

Look at the list. Denmark is ranked 40 out of 106. That is high. The suicide rate is high in Denmark, it is above average. I don’t know where you got the idea from that the suicide rate in Denmark is low, maybe you are completely distorted from reality. Look at the list again. The suicide rate in Denmark is relatively high and above average. You can clearly see on the list that Denmark is ranked 40/106, that is above average.

Remember this post?  You ought to, since it was there before you went back and changed your own post.  And it shows you exactly where you’re going wrong.  That’s now the third time (at least) that you’ve made this exact same mistake, even after it’s been explained to you how you’re wrong.

But since you apparently have difficulties, I’ll explain it to you one more time.  That way, I’ll know that you’re either a total idiot, crazy, and/or intentionally lying if you do the same thing again.

Here is a list of countries.  The list shows how many thingummies each country has, and the list is ranked by order of which country has the most thingummies.

1 Canada (10000 thingummies)
2 Botswana (8000 thingummies)
3 Bolivia (7500 thingummies)
4 Brunei (100 thingummies)
5 Cuba (99 thingummies)
6 Mongolia (98 thingummies)
7 Finland (97 thingummies)
8 Ireland (96 thingummies)
9 New Zealand (95 thingummies)

Now, notice how Cuba is halfway in between Canada and New Zealand in its position on that list’s ranking.  As far as rankings go, Cuba is midway between Canada and New Zealand.

But that doesn’t really mean anything.  The ranking numbers have no direct proportional connection to the data numbers.  The only thing that you can say from the ranking numbers is that one country has more or less thingummies than another.  That is all.  You can’t tell anything at all about how many more thingummies one country has than another, or anything like that.

According to the way you’re using these sorts of ranking lists, you’re saying

Signature 

8 of 10