4 of 10
The Happy Denmark Hoax
Posted: 05 November 2010 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-09-19

The evidence is clear. Having a healthcare system ranked 34th, with over 75% of the hospital rooms failing in quality control, as well as a justice system that rarely if never pays compensation to the citizens, does not equal having a great healthcare system. Not at all. And before you claim to have any insight in Denmark, i want you to go there personally. Experience the reality about the so called “Danish Welfare System”. Go through one of these majority of medical carelessness, experience the lack of cleaning and hygiene that will most likely make you even more sick, or even worse, experience having one of your family members killed in Denmark by malpractice, followed afterwards by the department of health complaints laughing at you, when you kindly ask for compensation. And you dare to come back here and tell me that the healthcare in Denmark is amazing. And don’t even bother giving me the “I have been to Denmark, I sat down on a Caf

Posted: 05 November 2010 09:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

Your off at a tangent now. Your first post is still wrong, plainly. The healthcare issues you have raised don’t relate to your ridiculous post that all Danes were unhappy. Give up and get over it, you had a bad time, because you are obnoxious, not because the Danes are miserable.

Posted: 25 February 2011 03:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-19
Mr R - 05 November 2010 01:21 PM

Your off at a tangent now. Your first post is still wrong, plainly. The healthcare issues you have raised don’t relate to your ridiculous post that all Danes were unhappy. Give up and get over it, you had a bad time, because you are obnoxious, not because the Danes are miserable.

I was replying to whether the healthcare in Denmark is optimally working. We still see more and more cancer patients in Denmark that aren’t taken care of. This is mainly because of the long waiting lines in the danish healthcare system that basically leaves people dying on the waiting list. In fact, Denmark is the worlds cancer capital. No other country has as many cancer patients pr. 100,000 citizens. This time, i will be linking to articles in English, so you guys can read the truth as well, written black on white. Granted the fact that Denmark is the country that has the highest incidence in the world, and granted the fact that Denmark has some of the worst treatments for cancer, do you honestly believe that these people are happy? I believe that they are the direct opposite. Add to that the fact that the reason why Denmark is the worlds cancer capital is because of the fact that the citizens of Denmark are some of the highest alcohol/tobacco consumers in the world, combined with the fact that the citizens of Denmark hardly does any exercise. Why would an unhealthy people who drowns their sorrow in alcohol/tobacco in the middle of the worlds cancer capital claim to be happy? That makes absolutely no sense.

My point above is that people who are healthy are much more likely to live a happy and satisfied life. Drowning your body in alcohol/tobacco in the middle of the worlds cancer capital, while hardly getting any exercise, just like all the other citizens of Denmark can’t possibly be the correct recipe for happiness, and should by no means be used as a role model for happiness.

And this is just the beginning. One factor i believe plays a major role in terms of happiness, is your well-being. One thing that is known to dramatically decrease a persons well being is terms such as mental illnesses. The fact is, that Denmark is the country in the world where most citizens have to leave the labor market because of mental illnesses. 50% of the citizens of Denmark on the labor market are mentally ill and suffering from mental illnesses. That is the direct opposite of being happy. In summary, Denmark is the main capital for mentally ill citizens who are forced to leave the labor market because of mental illnesses. The Danes are not happy - they are mentally ill and worn out, as it can clearly be seen in the article above..

This survey was published just recently, and it deals the final blow to whether Denmark is the “happiest place on earth” or not. Finally, the research claiming Denmark to be a happy country was never documented. The research claims that 60,000 anonymous, mysteriously unknown citizens are happy. However, we don’t know who those 60,000 people are, as a matter of fact we don’t know if they even exists. Finally, the population of Denmark is 5,519,441 people. Even if there were 60,000 rich, wealthy and happy Danes, that doesn’t mean that the remaining 5,459,441 million citizens are happy as well.

Posted: 27 February 2011 12:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-19

I understand the lack of responses. It must be extremely embarrassing and humiliating as well, to proclaim yourself as a professional researcher merely to be taken with your pants down in your own lie. Also, check out all the angry, ahem sorry, “Happy” Danes, in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKdb15-6T4&feature=related

This guy is wondering why Denmark is claimed a happy country when the citizens are angry. Just like i am wondering why an undocumented research could possibly lead to the odd conclusion that Denmark is a happy country. Just like i wonder the “researchers” forgot to mention that 50% of the people on the labor market in Denmark are mentally ill. See my post above. Here are some of the comments on the video that i am going to allow myself to copy/paste into this debate. Because the “Happy” Danes are very vulgar and hostile, i have decided to minimize the text, just to protect sensitive viewers.

[size=1]

Denmark is the happiest place on earth. And if you dont like it then fuck the hell of bitch. Just because youre fat and sad and? you cant be happie on other peoples ways it dont mean that you can just go around saying screw us. You are an ugly mother fucking bitch.

ChristosMysterio 1 week ago.

Make a Video fucking dickhead WITH THE TITEL ” Screw me up cuz im a? little baby”

DKCxXCipZix 1 week ago

Dude please just fuck off. I mean it. Just fuck? the hell off.

PLASKEplop 1 week ago

you look? and sounds exactly like the shit i made this morning

love the danes, retarded asshole

MrPet99er 2 weeks ago

hehe han forst

Posted: 27 February 2011 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Proclaiming victory because someone doesn’t respond isn’t valid. Especially when you’re responding to a thread that’s been dead and buried for nearly four months.

Frankly? We don’t care. It’s not a big issue. They can be as happy or unhappy as they want, that’s their business. We don’t need you jumping up and down for attention about it.

Also, you really need to work on your argument techniques, as you’ve clearly never heard of fallacious arguments, and why not to use them when making a point.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 27 February 2011 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I’m still uncertain whether or not this guy is trying to be satirical or something here with all this.  After all, he’s just so over-the-top and inane with it all.  If he is, though, then he’s really taken it to too far of an extreme, to the point where it’s just become a total bore.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 27 February 2011 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-19
Accipiter - 27 February 2011 06:03 AM

I’m still uncertain whether or not this guy is trying to be satirical or something here with all this.  After all, he’s just so over-the-top and inane with it all.  If he is, though, then he’s really taken it to too far of an extreme, to the point where it’s just become a total bore.

I am being 100% serious here. I am still wondering why the Danes are claiming to be a happy people while being extremely hostile/insulting to everyone including their own surroundings. And the four comments that i posted above are by no means meant to be random, there are at least a good amount of 100-200 comments that are exactly the same. In fact there are a total of 1.236 comments and the majority of them are written by angry and hostile Danes. Take a look through the comments section in the video that i linked to earlier, if you are in doubt.

What i am concerned about, is that some people are so far out that they honestly believe in Denmark being a happy country. And i am by no means joking here, there actually are people who are so far out that they believe that Denmark is the happiest place on earth. Despite all evidence pointing in the opposite direction (!) and the article i linked to earlier proving that 50% of the danish citizens on the labor market being mentally ill were by no means a random claim - the research was done by OECD - a respected worldwide organization that deals with economical surveys,education,healthcare,etc. The survey was published Feb. 14. 2011 and is genuine and valid as well.

Posted: 27 February 2011 02:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

The problem is, you’re the only one who’s brought it up. You’re the only one who keeps talking about it. You’re the only one who cares. The rest of us don’t give a flying **** if Denmark is being misrepresented, but apparently you do.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 27 February 2011 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

The fact that the guy keeps fuzzing about the healthcare system, makes very clear to me that he has an agenda connected to the introduction of Universal Healthcare Insurance in the USA.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 27 February 2011 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

And if you look up the actual WHO report from 2000, not just the summary on the weblinks he provides, you get a quite different picture from what he provides.

The report actually features several rank lists on several aspects/indices of health care. Denmarks scores very high on most of these rank lists.

The top 50 of these rank lists are all countries who basically score high: differences on sub-scores for different indices are small.

For example:

Table 6, Level and distribution of the responsiveness of the health care system for example: Denmark scores 4th place on level (while on distribution, it shares places 3-38 with a.o. the US, i.e. places 1-38 are all very close);

Table 7: fairness of financial contribution to the Health system: Denmark scores 3-5th place (US scores 54-55th)

In table 9, overall health system attainment, Denmarks score 20th place and the US 15th: but their indices are very close (90.9 vs 91.1) showing that the differences in this part of the rank list are marginal. Otherwise said: all countries in this part of the rank list score very high.

By selective quoting, you can cherry-pick these kind of list to “argue"what you like: based on table 7 for example, I can quite well “argue” my view that health care distribution in the USA is decidely unfair compaired to most European countries.

These figures are 15 years old by the way.

Signature 

———
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 27 February 2011 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

The drivel he spouts seems very similar to this on another forum, to the point I think both TS are the same person.

Signature 

———

4 of 10