How NOT to support your product online
Posted: 05 August 2010 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

12) Huh?  I didn’t hear anything!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 06 August 2010 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Bravo! Well-written and exhaustively-researched, as usual, Acci. Seriously, I worry about you sometimes. Still, correct on all points and then some.

My personal past-time with the supporters of miracle cures and other quackery is to go through and count the logical and debate fallacies. “Hmmm,” I say, “Let’s see what we have here.. Argument from Ignorance.. Demanding Negative Proof.. Ooh.. reductio ad Hitlerum with a pre-emptive anti-Godwin.. That’s good…”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies is a good reference for anyone wishing to argue on the Internet. If you can argue with someone’s position, without using *ANY* of those fallacies listed, then your position will be a very strong one.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 06 August 2010 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

Yeh, but I bought it and it worked!! This forum is so closed minded, you all think conventional medicine is the only answer. Science doesn’t know everything! I used these products on my dead rabbit and it came back to life, so there.  wink

Posted: 06 August 2010 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21
Mr R - 06 August 2010 08:46 AM

Yeh, but I bought it and it worked!! This forum is so closed minded, you all think conventional medicine is the only answer. Science doesn’t know everything! I used these products on my dead rabbit and it came back to life, so there.  wink

Actually, your mom just went out and got a new rabbit. Mr Bunnsy is buried under the rose bushes in the back, and the new one is more appropriately *Mrs* Bunnsy.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.

Posted: 06 August 2010 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Mr Bunnsy is dead. :-(

Posted: 06 August 2010 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2008-11-18

Long Live Mrs. Bunsy!!!

Really, though.  Accipter is once again long-winded, but right… Have we come to expect any less?

Posted: 07 August 2010 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

I have to admit it would be hard to put one over on him.  I don’t have near the patience he does in researching and expounding on the stuff our local nutjobs come up with.  Gotta give him credit for that.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 07 August 2010 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
gray - 07 August 2010 04:06 AM

Gotta give him credit for that.

Credit, cash, gold, or jewels:  I’ll take all of those.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 13 September 2010 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15
Accipiter - 06 August 2010 01:51 AM

4) You can’t talk about it because you haven’t tried it!

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 14 September 2010 05:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-21
Peter - 14 September 2010 03:49 AM
Accipiter - 06 August 2010 01:51 AM

4) You can’t talk about it because you haven’t tried it!

Signature 

Posted: 15 September 2010 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
Peter - 14 September 2010 03:49 AM

Sex. Have you tried it?

Of course not!  What sort of a person do you take me for?!?

Signature 

2 of 4