1 of 2
Ancient Astronauts.
Posted: 28 April 2010 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

I’m sure everyone’s heard at least one of these right? Supposedly aliens coming to us while we’re still in the stick-and-stone age and influencing us right? Unfortunately I don’t have a link other than thewikipedia article. So do you guys have any links or site to these claims? Other than the History channel one.

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 29 April 2010 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2010-02-04

Try your local library and look for Ancient Astronauts and Cosmic Collisions.

Back in ‘88, my first semester of college, I was forced to buy this book for a World History class.  We had one test on it to prove that we read it.  The author was a personal friend of my professor.

Posted: 29 April 2010 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Google “Von D

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 29 April 2010 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

Or join scientology.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 29 April 2010 11:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

I watched the History channel and i read book. And after that, I am starting to believe XD

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 30 April 2010 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

As a great alien once said: “Nanu Nanu”

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 30 April 2010 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2006-04-12

i was up at loughcrew megalithic cemetary a while back. its this large complex of giant passage tombs built around 3500 -4000bc just a few miles away.

i was talking to the lad who sits outside them and he was telling me about all the strange characters that turn up there. aparantly hes had several groups turn up claiming that they were built by aliens. yes thats right, they flew here in their limestone spaceships and built tombs for us puny earthlings.

then again he also hed one guy, complete with pointy hat and minions, claiming he was Jerimiah from the bible and that the largest of the tombs was his.

i want that guys job

Posted: 01 May 2010 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14
sensibleken - 30 April 2010 09:14 AM

i was up at loughcrew megalithic cemetary a while back. its this large complex of giant passage tombs built around 3500 -4000bc just a few miles away.

i was talking to the lad who sits outside them and he was telling me about all the strange characters that turn up there. aparantly hes had several groups turn up claiming that they were built by aliens. yes thats right, they flew here in their limestone spaceships and built tombs for us puny earthlings.

then again he also hed one guy, complete with pointy hat and minions, claiming he was Jerimiah from the bible and that the largest of the tombs was his.

i want that guys job

Just think of the fortune you could make if you set up a video cam and taped some of these encounters.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 01 May 2010 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

THE BIBLE UFO CONNECTION

There is actually some very well written and researched topics and links, and then some very unusual one.
And I like this link on the page:

Is Satan a UFO pilot trying to turn gullible sinners to alien worship, or is he working a little closer to home?

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 18 November 2010 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-11-11

the new testament and the old testament really have nothing to do with each other for a start
then add that (as I understand it) the devil is christian and satan is jewish
the jews do not have a hell

and why would astronauts waste time comming here

that’s what I say to my folks when I get mad that we landed here and never left
my planet was so much nicer

Posted: 04 March 2011 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Actually, pretty easily, it turns out. Just because they had ‘primative’ materials to work with doesnt mean they were stupid. While the colossal distance of time means we are uncertain of which methods they used, we can come up with many techniques, using materials and information available to them at the time, that would have worked surprisingly well.

Pyramids? Lots of slaves, wooden rollers, and earthen ramps. Stones ‘too heavy to lift’ were merely pushed up on top of boxes full of sand, with the sand then poured out to lower the blocks into position.

Easter Island? Ditto.

Stonehenge? Probably the same, though some folks think they wrapped the stones in basketlike holders and rolled them. Aligning something to the positions of the stars isn’t hard, especially when they probably already had smaller versions made of wood. Predicting the solstice and equinox is easy when you can work on it for a couple generations.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 04 March 2011 06:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
muyenp - 04 March 2011 07:20 AM

I saw the documentary on ancient astronauts on the history channel, it’s a pretty interesting theory to fathom about. How on earth did our ancestors create the pyramids and stonehenge using primitive tools and stones?

In some area’s, e.g. Madagascar and some Indonesian islands (like Sumba), people constructed megalithic monument using only “primitive” tools well into the 20th century. So that you can erect such things without fancy technology is well documented. Basically, all you need is enough muscle power from enough people. It really is not rocket science.

Concerning the Egypt pyramids: how they built them is actually portrayed on several contemporary reliefs in Egytian monuments. There we have the Egyptians themselves telling us they did it, not aliens in UFO’s.

It is too easy to just say “these primitive people couldn’t have done this, so it must have been aliens!”. You are simply underestimating the capabilities of Pre-industrial humans in that case.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

1 of 2