2 of 2
Hitler wanted to steal the Turin Shroud - ‘but was thwarted by the Vatican’
Posted: 09 April 2010 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2010-02-04
N E O - 09 April 2010 04:07 PM

*sharpens my machete*  Where would you like to be cut?

On the dance floor!!
  “Everybody cut, everbody cut…..Footloose!”

Posted: 11 April 2010 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2009-03-13

JAZZ HANDS!!!!

Posted: 12 April 2010 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Tah - 08 April 2010 06:15 PM

“Indiana Jones and the Shroud of Turin” just doesn’t have the right sound to it.

“Raiders of the Lost Shroud” does…

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 12 April 2010 03:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
N. - 11 April 2010 04:13 AM

JAZZ HANDS!!!!

Do I see stigmata there…?!?

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 12 April 2010 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27
LaMa - 12 April 2010 07:46 AM
Tah - 08 April 2010 06:15 PM

“Indiana Jones and the Shroud of Turin” just doesn’t have the right sound to it.

“Raiders of the Lost Shroud” does…

Shroud of Doom…

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 18 November 2010 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-11-11
Accipiter - 08 April 2010 08:33 PM

Hitler was obsessed with the occult - the Nazi swastika has long been considered a black magic symbol while he was also devoted to German composer Richard Wagner who was said to be a Satanist.

He wasn’t religious himself, .

Mati Milstein in Jerusalem

for National Geographic News

Updated December 17, 2009

From a long-sealed cave tomb, archaeologists have excavated the only known Jesus-era burial shroud in Jerusalem, a new study says.

The discovery adds to evidence that the controversial Shroud of Turin did not wrap the body of Christ, researchers say.

What’s more, the remains of the man wrapped in the shroud are said to hold DNA evidence of leprosy

Posted: 19 November 2010 03:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Way to dig up an old post…

But anyway.. As I recall, the Nazis had a ‘new’ religion they were trying to implement. Some serious new-age ‘woo’ about the moon and such. Mostly to reaffirm their place as the Master Race, of course. It went about as well as one might imagine.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 22 November 2010 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2010-11-11

sorry about all the old post hits
it happens when you get older
you start getting slow with stuff

I was slow to use a computer too

LEE

yes I do know what “meow” means
I like Bud Light thanks

Posted: 22 November 2010 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
LEE - 19 November 2010 03:30 AM

In WWII most of the German people were (and most likely still are) catholic. I don’t know if anyone really knows how religious Hitler was

Well, no.  In WWII, about a third of Germans were Catholic (mostly in the south).  About a third were Protestant (mostly in the north).  And the rest weren’t Christian at all.  The numbers are close to the same today with the same geographical spread in what used to be West Germany.  East Germany had the religion basically stomped out of it during Communist rule, and so doesn’t any religion as a majority.

Of course, Hitler wasn’t from Germany.  He was Austrian.  But Austria is mostly Catholic, and early in his life Hitler’s family moved to and from southern Germany. . .where Catholicism was the main religion.  His parents were Catholic, and he went to a Benedictine school.  So he certainly was exposed to Catholicism more than any other religion when growing up.

In his public speeches, Hitler sometimes spoke positively of Catholicism, as well as Christianity and Protestantism.  But those were public speeches, which were basically propaganda.  He would say whatever was needed to sway the audience, be it true or not.  Since about two-thirds of Germans were Christian, praising Christianity is a good move to gain their support.  Also, Hitler and the Nazis were usually pointing out (rightly enough) the Communists as one of the biggest—if not the biggest—threat to Germany. . .and Communism is generally associated with atheism.  So Hitler had to try to portray himself as a good ol’ godly folk to not just appeal to the Christian majority, but also to contrast himself against the Communists.

In private, though, he apparently often spoke out against Catholicism or Christianity or organised religion overall.  The diaries of intimates of his such as Goebbels and Speer include summaries of talks with Hitler in which he was expressing religious views far removed from those in his public speeches.  And people who knew him when he was younger said that while he was originally enamoured with Catholicism, he became disillusioned with it at a fairly young age. . .though he was more than happy to copy its use of imagery and pomp in later years to glorify Nazism.  His marriage ceremony was entirely non-religious in nature, even though there were plenty of priests and ministers whom he could have called upon.

So all in all, adult Hitler was probably only religious when it suited him to appear so.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 17 May 2011 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2011-05-17

The Shroud was most likely the burial cloth that held the body of Jaques De Molay, the last Grandmaster of the Templars.  The person in whose home the shroud was found said as much and the carbon dating agrees with the time frame.

Posted: 17 May 2011 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

How Illuminating.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

2 of 2