1 of 1
Star Wars Sitcom?
Posted: 06 April 2010 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Link

The next incarnation of the famed Star Wars franchise is going to be as an animated sitcom.

Lucasfilm announced Monday that Robot Chicken creators Seth Green and Matthew Senreich are going to be involved in the new project, along with Daily Show writer Brendan Hay.

The company says the series will look at the saga’s characters with a “playful and irreverent tone.”

“The Star Wars universe is so dense and rich; it’s crazy to think that there aren’t normal, mundane everyday problems in a world so well-defined,” said Green. “And it’s even crazier to think of what those problems might be, since it’s all set in a galaxy far, far away. What do these characters do when they’re not overthrowing Empires?”

The developers hope that the series will appeal to all ages—but will have adult humor buried under the surface.

Initial posts by Star Wars fans on the official site were generally positive to the idea but not everyone thought it was a good idea.  EpcotGreg posted, “What a nightmare. ‘Star Wars’ is now literally just a joke.Which is kind of accurate, sadly.”

I might watch it.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 06 April 2010 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-29

Might should have put this in the tv category.

Signature 

Posted: 06 April 2010 12:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2010-02-04

I could see myself giving it a chance.  I know my 10 year old son would probably want to watch it.  Hopefully the adult humor is buried pretty damn good.

Posted: 06 April 2010 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-29

I fail to see how they will squeeze humor out of Star Wars.

Signature 

Posted: 06 April 2010 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Given how lunatic the Robot Chicken guys can be.. this could be very, very bizarre.

I mean, they already do things like Seinfeld by way of Mattel figures…

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 06 April 2010 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, they already have an animated Star Wars television series.  I don’t imagine that this would be all that much different.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 06 April 2010 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16
Accipiter - 06 April 2010 09:00 PM

Well, they already have an animated Star Wars television series.  I don’t imagine that this would be all that much different.

Although I’ve never watched that, I think that would fall more under the classification of a “drama”. It has a bit of humor sprinkled in, but it’s more online with what Star Wars is and is known as.  A sitcom…not so much.

Though I might give it a shot. Not because it’s Star Wars, but because I am a fan of Seth Green and Matthew Senreich and what they do on Robot Chicken. But it will be an incredible feat if they can make a Star Wars sitcom palatable. IMHO.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 06 April 2010 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-29

Star Wars - The Clone Wars, animated series isn’t a cartoon, like ha ha funny stuff, it is similar to the movies.

Signature 

Posted: 06 April 2010 05:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26043
Joined  2004-11-08

If true it doesn’t surprise me.  Lucas has seen how popular (and profitable) the Star Wars spoof episodes of Robot Chicken and Family Guy have been .  Family Guy still has We Have a Bad Feeling About This coming (the spoof of Jedi), and if it makes money I’m sure we’ll be seeing something official, and likely horrible, following closely behind.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 07 April 2010 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8452
Joined  2006-02-28

Loved them Chary Something Something, Something Dark Side (the Empire Strikes Back spoof) and Blue Harvest (A New Hope spoof)

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

1 of 1