1 of 1
Twitter Gets Book and Tv Deal
Posted: 31 March 2010 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

Well folks, it seems that the Twitter Sh1t My Dad Says has gotten popular enough that the guy running it has found a book deal and a CBS show.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 01 April 2010 01:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Is it april the 1st where you are?

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 01 April 2010 01:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15033
Joined  2006-08-16
Sharruma - 01 April 2010 05:19 AM

Is it april the 1st where you are?

The book deal story is from the LA Times and dated September 9, 2009. The TV show story is from “about 4 months ago”.

So, unfortunately, unless they went to great lengths to hide the actual dates of the articles in order to better fool people, this doesn’t seem to be related to April Fool’s.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 01 April 2010 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

Not when I posted that, no.

I actual only just found out about those things yesterday. Pretty amazing though, that our eccentricities can take us so far.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

1 of 1