1 of 2
Mucoid Plaque:  Now Scamming You From The Inside out!!
Posted: 21 March 2010 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

*WARNING: PICS ARE NSFW!!!*

You decide that you aren’t feeling well. An “herbal cleansing program” is purchased and used.  in 2 to 3 days, the built up waste lining of the walls of your intestines sloughs off and is evacuated.  Simple enough, right?  Wrong! 

Unfortunately there is a myth that we have something like 10-15 pounds of undigested red meat and other food stuffs sitting in our intestines, rotting and poisoning our bodies,  Even though no doctor has seen such a layer when performing bowel reductions, scopes, or other procedures of the bowels, the “cleansing advocates” swear it is true.  The swear (and show pictures) of the large snake-like bowel movements that they have after taking one of these cleansing products.  What is going on?

These pills consist mainly of bentonite, an absorbent, expanding clay similar to kitty litter. Combined with psyllium, used in the production of mucilage polymer, bentonite forms a rubbery cast of your intestines when taken internally, mixed of course with whatever else your body is excreting. Surprise, a giant rubbery snake of toxins in your toilet.

gulp

Skeptoid did a pretty good episode on it a while back HERE!!
It’s worth a listen. (Or read)

Its just yet another scam from the ‘true believers’.... shut eye

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 21 March 2010 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

I wanna clean my colon, I’ll have a double cheeseburger with bacon, and a milkshake. No worries.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 21 March 2010 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

I always figured that mini-shredded wheats would do the trick better than most anything!  Can a person even digest that? LOL

Signature 

Posted: 21 March 2010 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I gave myself a cleanse when I was in my early twenties.  (Women in their early twenties do all kinds of strange things).  For about three days, I lived on Metamucil (a glass several times a day) and Campbells chicken noodle soup. 

See Metamucil Cleanse

Yeah, I got similar ummm… results, but it doesn’t take a genius to figure out why.  You don’t eliminate 10 pounds of red meat, but you do eliminate the psyllium and other normal wastes which has bulked up with water in a spongelike mucously manner which can take on the shape of your intestine and be very long.  A naive person may think that it has taken on the shape of the colon because “it is something that has been in there so long”.  Not true.

That being said, it has been proven to lower cholesterol and reduce risk of colon cancer.  But it’s best done in appropriate daily doses rather than taking on a cleansing marathon a couple of times a year.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 22 March 2010 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Just eat lots of fibre:  it does a good job of scouring away your insides.  Oatmeal works well, or rough bread, or celery, or other things such as that.  The only times when you might need some help dealing with stuff trapped in your intestines or stomach are either when you have appendicitis, when you’ve swallowed something really weird like a fork, or if you have something such as Crohn’s disease where peristalsis gets messed up.  Otherwise, paying for stuff to clean your insides is like paying somebody for a bottle of air; you ought to be able to get all you need for that already just from your daily diet.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 22 March 2010 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

O_O Ohhh…

Yeah, unless my stomach’s in pain, I let whatever’s in there just lie. Some things best are left untouched…

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 22 March 2010 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2010-02-04

5 servings of friuts and vegetables a day works quite well for me, as well as maintaining a healthy weight.

Posted: 23 March 2010 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2898
Joined  2005-06-15
Madd Maxx - 23 March 2010 02:25 AM

5 servings of friuts and vegetables a day works quite well for me, as well as maintaining a healthy weight.

You’re doing well to keep that up. I have un-toasted muesli nearly every morning plus I stack the freezer in my fridge full with frozen vegetables (as well as wholemeal bread and low fat frozen yoghurt). I’ve started buying brown rice (as well as basmati rice) and wholemeal pasta. I also keep muesli bars in my bag for when I go to university.

Plus I like having sliced bananas on toast every now and then.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 23 March 2010 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2009-03-13

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ONE WANT TO SHARE PICTURES OF THEIR LEAVINGS WITH THE WORLD!?!?!?!!

sick

Posted: 23 March 2010 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

Steak, gravy and smashed taters have fiber, right? surprised

Signature 

Posted: 23 March 2010 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-04

What makes it worse N., at least to me, is that the people not only took pics of their “poo” but dug it out of the toilets and in some cases stretched it out or, in one pic, even put it in a colander. shut eye

Posted: 23 March 2010 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-02-04

Peter, just about every morning I eat muesli mixed with vanilla yogurt.  Two-fold benefit, great taste and keeps you regular…if you know what I mean. wink

1 of 2