4 of 5
Carnosine and Glutathione
Posted: 14 March 2010 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  460
Joined  2005-07-08
mungolina - 10 March 2010 12:26 PM

This discussion is separate from the Lifewave patches and homeopathy discussions; I am not concerned with those issues here, but I do want to find out more about the two substances, carnosine and glutathione; also beta-alanine, a component of carnosine, or a substance that interacts with it.

I am not into sport, and really don’t care if it makes sports people run faster!!! I am a cancer patient, recovering from op and radio/chemotherapy; and I also happen to be a female of 50. So I’m interested in general health factors, possible cancer-related factors, and anti-ageing factors. Most of all, I’m interested in professionally run trials and clean medical experiments, known side-effects etc.

It is quite possible that there is not enough known about these yet to be able to say clearly whether they are beneficial or if so, what for. However, any comments, feedback, links to information gratefully received, EXCEPT from anyone who sells the stuff and just wants me to buy it. I’m not buying anything from anyone before I have information that makes me believe it is worth it and safe.

Thank you all!

Just reminding folks that Sian, a Brit living in France has reminded us that she has no intention of purchasing the LifeWave products but is interested in finding out if the substances mentioned in the context of cancer treatments could be valuable.

Posters like Cleon don’t help Sian in the slightest.

Posted: 15 March 2010 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26384
Joined  2004-11-29

Actually, plenty of intelligent conversation is being had here.  But you’re not contributing to it very well.

Plus, please (again) refer to the following:

Boo - 14 March 2010 12:07 PM

Cleon:
1) Calling people names is not acceptable.
2) If you wish to quote someone in order to respond to their post, please use the Quote button at the bottom of the post you wish to use.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 15 March 2010 06:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  460
Joined  2005-07-08

Cleon,

How old are you, no, really?

Posted: 15 March 2010 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10732
Joined  2008-02-21

Glutathione…at Search Dot Com

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 15 March 2010 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15034
Joined  2006-08-16
cleon - 15 March 2010 08:05 AM

No intelligent conversation happening here.  All I wanted was for the dammers and the slammers to be
intelligent enough to at least understand the technology behind the patches. BUT NO ONE DOES!!

Maybe one of these days someone will offer an intelligent explanation of how the patches actually work and the technology behind them. There are several discussions happening on this forum about different types of patches. There has been nothing offered, shown or found (anywhere on the internet) that explains this. There is no intelligent explanation about the “science” behind the patches.

You can support them all you want, cleon, but until you and the other supporters start offering some of the extraordinary proof need to support your extraordinary claims you won’t be getting very far in changing the minds of anyone here.

Also, in addition to the two items Boo mentioned (and that Smerk reiterated above) please make sure you are familiar with the Forum Rules if you are going to continue posting here. In particular, you may want to know about #2 and #5. Thank you.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 15 March 2010 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
cleon - 15 March 2010 07:49 AM

“Well, those many years of careful study and observation show that claims made by the company selling glutathione patches are totally false.  So if those many years of study and observation are right.” . .
Ya just cant get yr head around “A New Science”..... can ya!!! For Gods sake get a grip on an ever changing world and forever expanding technology… be open minded..!

It’s not “new science”.  The production and effects of glutathione in the body is old science.  So are such things as harmonics, electromagnetism, and so on.  For the claims made by the people making and selling these patches to be true, all of this old science, all of the actual direct observations, has to be totally wrong.  Thousands of scientists would need to have not actually seen what they saw and reported.  It doesn’t matter what goes on in the “technology” of the patches.  They could be powered by magical unicorn hairs, or advanced alien technology from a million years in the future, or by ancient lost arts.  It doesn’t matter how they are made.  What matters is how the body works.  So unless you or anybody else can show even the slightest shred of evidence that these patches work in the way that they are claimed to work, then the literally centuries of evidence showing that they don’t work that way have a tad more validity. . .

The things that those glutathione patches are claimed to do would kill you.  It doesn’t matter how it is done.  What matters are the results:  increased glutathione levels, by means of a non-invasive technology.  The “ever changing world” hasn’t changed to the point where our bodies would survive that healthily.

So, do you have even one tiny little piece of actual evidence that the patches do work the way that is claimed?  Just one?  Not some random nameless persona online saying, “Yes, they worked for me!”.  Anything at all showing that these patches truly did something?

cleon - 15 March 2010 07:52 AM

“Fortunately, I do understand biochemistry, so I don

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 15 March 2010 09:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15034
Joined  2006-08-16
cleon - 16 March 2010 01:47 AM

There is no intelligent explanation about the

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 16 March 2010 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10732
Joined  2008-02-21
Tah - 16 March 2010 01:53 AM

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 16 March 2010 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2006-12-06

From the Urban Dictionary:

3.    Nar  

Generally used by chavs, it means ‘no’. It is a negative, or used to reject something. Usually followed by the word ‘mate’, or used after the word ‘oi’.

Nar mate, that’s long.
Oi nar, that’s long.

Just so you know.

Signature 

“I have CDO. Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!”

Posted: 16 March 2010 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
cleon - 16 March 2010 01:44 AM

“If they really were to do what they claim, then they would kill every person who used them.”

Heehee

Okaaaay. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 16 March 2010 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1109
Joined  2009-03-01
Tah - 16 March 2010 01:53 AM

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

4 of 5