1 of 5
Carnosine and Glutathione
Posted: 10 March 2010 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-03-10

This discussion is separate from the Lifewave patches and homeopathy discussions; I am not concerned with those issues here, but I do want to find out more about the two substances, carnosine and glutathione; also beta-alanine, a component of carnosine, or a substance that interacts with it.

I am not into sport, and really don’t care if it makes sports people run faster!!! I am a cancer patient, recovering from op and radio/chemotherapy; and I also happen to be a female of 50. So I’m interested in general health factors, possible cancer-related factors, and anti-ageing factors. Most of all, I’m interested in professionally run trials and clean medical experiments, known side-effects etc.

It is quite possible that there is not enough known about these yet to be able to say clearly whether they are beneficial or if so, what for. However, any comments, feedback, links to information gratefully received, EXCEPT from anyone who sells the stuff and just wants me to buy it. I’m not buying anything from anyone before I have information that makes me believe it is worth it and safe.

Thank you all!

Posted: 11 March 2010 08:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21
cleon - 11 March 2010 05:16 AM

mungolina, I read and understand where you are coming from in your interest in Glutathione and Carnosine.  I am very involved in the patches and I do sell patches - its my line of business (alternate health).  I used to have my own retail business (same thing isnt it).  Anyway I do have a lot of information to pass onto you if you can get over the ‘selling thing’.

Please, do share with the rest of us.  (That way we can be sure that your ‘information’ is timely and accurate.)

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 11 March 2010 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  739
Joined  2006-12-06

mungolina, I read and understand where you are coming from in your interest in Glutathione and Carnosine.  I am very involved in the patches and I do sell patches - its my line of business (alternate health).  I used to have my own retail business (same thing isnt it).  Anyway I do have a lot of information to pass onto you if you can get over the ‘selling thing’.

Are you seriously trying to sell her your phony patches on our forum?
You sir,  are the cyber equivalent of the pushy door-to-door salesman with his foot in the door. Now get off my property before I release the dogs. Good day.

Signature 

“I have CDO. Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!”

Posted: 11 March 2010 11:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  739
Joined  2006-12-06

Please stop shouting.

Signature 

“I have CDO. Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!”

Posted: 11 March 2010 11:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15
cleon - 12 March 2010 03:13 AM

I NEVER MENTIONED SELLING PATCHES DOPEY -  SOMEONE HAS GOT CANCER AND WANTS INFORMATION ON GLUTATHIONE AND CARNOSINE.  IVE BEEN STUDYING IT FOR A LONG TIME AND I HAVE A LOT OF INFORMATION TO PASS ON.  IF ANYONE IS REALLY INTERESTED BUY A BOOK CALLED ‘BREAKTHROUGH’  by Suzanne Somers.

Firstly, in the quote below you do say the words “..I do sell patches..”

Secondly calling people names is a no no. If indeed you are just offering free information that’s fine but don’t bite off somebody’s head like that.

I admit I have not idea what Glutathione and Carnosine is but it’s reasonable to request you back up your claims about them with links to web sites with reputable scientific studies on them.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 12 March 2010 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
mungolina - 10 March 2010 02:26 PM

This discussion is separate from the Lifewave patches and homeopathy discussions; I am not concerned with those issues here, but I do want to find out more about the two substances, carnosine and glutathione; also beta-alanine, a component of carnosine, or a substance that interacts with it.

This other thread, started by Cleon, will tell you something about glutathione at least, what it does and can’t do, and what sorts of silly ideas people will come up with to try to sell it to you.

I am very involved in the patches and I do sell patches - its my line of business (alternate health).  I used to have my own retail business (same thing isnt it).  Anyway I do have a lot of information to pass onto you if you can get over the ‘selling thing’.

cleon - 12 March 2010 03:13 AM

I NEVER MENTIONED SELLING PATCHES DOPEY

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 12 March 2010 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Why do we allow these threads that are a total rehash of existing threads to remain open?  There is already threads to discuss patches and their obvious powers.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 12 March 2010 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  459
Joined  2005-07-08
mungolina - 10 March 2010 02:26 PM

I am not into sport, and really don’t care if it makes sports people run faster!!! I am a cancer patient, recovering from op and radio/chemotherapy; and I also happen to be a female of 50. So I’m interested in general health factors, possible cancer-related factors, and anti-ageing factors. Most of all, I’m interested in professionally run trials and clean medical experiments, known side-effects etc.

It is quite possible that there is not enough known about these yet to be able to say clearly whether they are beneficial or if so, what for. However, any comments, feedback, links to information gratefully received, EXCEPT from anyone who sells the stuff and just wants me to buy it. I’m not buying anything from anyone before I have information that makes me believe it is worth it and safe.

Thank you all!

Sian,

I’m glad you started a new thread here.

It hasn’t taken long for an old poster to pop up.

I know you’ll see right through our little buddy Leon.

I also believe you won’t be checking in with ex actress Suzanne Summers for anything worthwhile.

Posted: 12 March 2010 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15
EDHUK - 13 March 2010 03:39 AM

Sian,

I’m glad you started a new thread here.

It hasn’t taken long for an old poster to pop up.

I know you’ll see right through our little buddy Leon.

I also believe you won’t be checking in with ex actress Suzanne Summers for anything worthwhile.

I wish actors like Suzanne Summers would at least get a College or University education before trying to make money from selling books that purport to give information. At least then they’d be writing about things they actually knew about.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 13 March 2010 01:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

Guys. I gotta tell you something:

I may just be having a weak moment or something (brain aneurysm?) but i am almost ready to try Lifewave patches.  I know! I know!  there is NO way these things should work. Science says that this stuff HAS to be bogus!  But…..

I have been out on the web and i am finding hundreds, if not thousands, of reputable people swearing by these things.  People are being positively effected by them.  Their pain goes away.  Every time they use them.   And that is the crux of my dilemma. Even if there is no scientific reason that Lifewave should work, they still seem to!

many of you know my situation. To keep things brief, suffice it to say that i am in excruciating pain almost ALL of the time. Every hour. Every minute. Of every day of the year.  At this point, i would probably (maybe.) sacrifice small animals to get some decent relief for even short periods.  (And these things seem to do just that, though for long and uninterrupted periods, which is almost unbelievable to me, but true according to everything i have read.)  So even if it IS just placebo effect, is that really so bad?  I mean, if it works, who cares how it works? Really.

(But this brings up another point entirely.  As a Christian, i DO believe is some supernatural effects.  A basic tenant of my faith is that there are ONLY TWO sources for these effect; God or Satan. So, if these things DO actually have an effect, and (since a godly reason would be so stated to start out with) they then MUST come from the darker influences. Ergo, Evil.  ZIf then, these things being from an evil source, what is the reason behind providing said relief?  I honestly don’t know, but I am sure i will be mulling that facet of the equation over for a while….)

Do you all see the nature of my quandary?  IF I take these things and they WORK, and their source is NOT heavenly, where does that leave me?  What is the cost of using something evil to perform good works?  Could I, in good conscience, accept such relief knowing where it is coming from?  If so, what would be the cost of doing so?

So many questions for such a small mind as the one i get to work with…....

Do you guys have any ideas or suggestions?

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 13 March 2010 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

daveprime you do have free choice. To be honest from what little I know of this Carnosine and Glutathione I believe it to be quackery and I believe you would be wasting your money.

But I won’t hold it against you if you make the decision to spend a bit of money to try them.

daveprime - 13 March 2010 06:11 AM

(But this brings up another point entirely.  As a Christian, i DO believe is some supernatural effects.  A basic tenant of my faith is that there are ONLY TWO sources for these effect; God or Satan. So, if these things DO actually have an effect, and (since a godly reason would be so stated to start out with) they then MUST come from the darker influences. Ergo, Evil.  ZIf then, these things being from an evil source, what is the reason behind providing said relief?  I honestly don’t know, but I am sure i will be mulling that facet of the equation over for a while….)

Do you all see the nature of my quandary?  IF I take these things and they WORK, and their source is NOT heavenly, where does that leave me?  What is the cost of using something evil to perform good works?  Could I, in good conscience, accept such relief knowing where it is coming from?  If so, what would be the cost of doing so?

I’m a Christian. My belief is that if this stuff really did work as claimed then it would be beneficial so it would not be the work of the Satan. By definition a true scientist acknowledges it is normal for current scientific truths to be disproven so if by some chance this stuff works then how can that be the work of Satan?

daveprime - 13 March 2010 06:11 AM

So many questions for such a small mind as the one i get to work with…....

You don’t have a small mind.

As I said I believe this Carnosine and Glutathione to be a waste of money so try not to spend too much money on it when you try it out.

Signature 

I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Posted: 13 March 2010 02:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Dave, desperate times call for desperate measures.  If you feel you want to try it, go for it, I would like to hear the results.  I hate for you to spend money on it, but I suppose there are worse things to put money toward.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

1 of 5