2 of 2
What the heck is it called at concerts when…..
Posted: 26 February 2010 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
Accipiter - 26 February 2010 08:19 PM

I’ve never really cared for the sorts of concerts where people are all jumping around and screaming, much less flinging themselves bodily into the crowd.  The times I’ve gone to those concerts, it was generally because I was with somebody else who did want to go.  If I go to watch a performance live, I go there to listen to the music. . .not to listen to somebody in the audience screaming non-stop into my ear while somebody else shoves their elbow in my face.

Acci, is there anyone tall enough anywhere who could shove their elbow into your face ?  It’s more likely and does happen to me and that’s why I don’t like seats because I’m forced into a sort of prison environment that makes me extremely nervous.  While I had a passing fancy to be down where the mass was waving back and forth, it was just a passing idea….............I have been stepped on too often and besides, most people are taller than me and take my oxygen.  Everyone on all levels could stand and watch, or move around behind, which is where I prefer to be. 

I recognize I’m not typical though, shoot, I can’t even sit still in a movie theater or even here at home unless I’m asleep.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 26 February 2010 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
hulitoons - 26 February 2010 10:39 PM

Acci, is there anyone tall enough anywhere who could shove their elbow into your face ?

Well, when they get jumping around or hanging from the rafters or standing on other peoples’ shoulders.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 26 February 2010 10:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

Or after the “I’m irritated with you” hand grenades go off. cool smirk

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 26 February 2010 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

*has never been to a concert outside of school trips/concerts*

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 27 February 2010 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
Accipiter - 27 February 2010 02:21 AM
hulitoons - 26 February 2010 10:39 PM

Acci, is there anyone tall enough anywhere who could shove their elbow into your face ?

Well, when they get jumping around or hanging from the rafters or standing on other peoples’ shoulders.

That’d be little Smerk standing on Acci’s shoulders…...............which would absolutely put her into the rafters!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 27 February 2010 03:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
hulitoons - 27 February 2010 01:08 PM

That’d be little Smerk standing on Acci’s shoulders…...............which would absolutely put her into the rafters!

She doesn’t like heights, though.  Which would therefore produce much flailing on her part, which would likely end up with her elbow (and probably many other parts) being driven into somebody’s face (and many other parts).  Hmm.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 28 February 2010 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I miss the days of slam dancing.

There’s nothing like knocking 200 of your best friends into walls and each other for two hours to keep a girl in shape.  And bruises were cool in the 80s.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 28 February 2010 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21
Bebelicious - 28 February 2010 07:06 PM

There’s nothing like knocking 200 of your best friends into walls and each other for two hours to keep a girl in shape.  And bruises were cool in the 80s.

Me too! smile
Gone are those days of irreverent fun energized by various libations of your own creation! downer cheese
But I can do without the all over body bruising i would come in with and have to try and explain to the folks every Sunday Morning! LOL

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 28 February 2010 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14
Bebelicious - 28 February 2010 07:06 PM

That sounds like one of our ball hockey games.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

2 of 2