1 of 1
Plan 9 From Outer Space Remake
Posted: 31 December 2009 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

I know there is a thread about The Yellow Submarine remake.

But the Plan 9 remake is more shocking and surely deserves it’s own thread. Ed Wood was a one of a kind movie maker and his legacy should not be tampered with. I urge all MOHers to boycott this movie when it comes out, unless of course you’ve got nothing better to do at the time.

Yay verily, I say unto thee, this remake is a travesty of epic proportions. It should not be approached lightly, or at least not without a chocolate drink made from full cream milk.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 01 January 2010 12:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

I think there are actually two. The first was what Ed Wood apparently had in mind and the second keeps the cheesy goodness of the first.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 01 January 2010 12:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I wonder if somebody will cast some famous star as one of the lead actors in the remake, and then kill him off before filming, and then use home video footage of him to have him “appear” in the film?  Perhaps the movie studio will take nominations for the role. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 January 2010 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01

Could we get the idiot who makes those “____ Movie” films for that? I’d vote for Paris Hilton, but she sort of redeemed herself in Repo.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 04 January 2010 04:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2009-08-10
Peter - 01 January 2010 04:49 AM

this remake is a travesty of epic proportions.

Much like the original then.

I agree that remaking films can be a complete waste of time (Get Carter with Stallone or Assault on Precinct 13 for instance) but a film that is only good because it is bad, being re-made, seems like folly anyway.

I can’t think of a film that has surpassed the original, but I’m sure it’s happened at least once!

Posted: 04 January 2010 05:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

A lot of old movies are being remade for one simple reason: Copyright protection. Some very old properties are being trotted out to keep them from falling into the public domain. Take a look at the Van Helsing movie a while back: all the old Universal Monsters (except the Creature) show up.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

1 of 1