1 of 1
Cow jumps six feet onto his owners roof, yeah right.
Posted: 19 December 2009 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

OK, scientific types, can a cow jump this high?

Neighbour William de Cothi, 17, photographed the animal after he spotted it on the roof about six feet off the ground.

The Sixth Form student said: “I was looking out of my window when I saw the cow.
At first I thought that it was an illusion and that it was in the background and not really on the roof.

“But after a closer look I could see it was actually on the roof.”

The teenager added: “I have heard cows can jump quite high, so I think that is how it got up there.

“I got my family to come and look later and they laughed. It was absolutely amazing.”

The house owner in Blagdon, Somerset, called police after getting home to find her roof seriously damaged and smashed tiles as she feared a burglar had tried to break in.

Local PC Ray Bradley said: “This was initially recorded on my figures as a burglary so I am glad I can take it off.

“If it wasn’t for the door-to-door enquires and this photo we wouldn’t have found out it was a cow responsible.”

ARTICLE AND PHOTO

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 19 December 2009 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26052
Joined  2004-11-08

I have seen a pregnant cow jump at least four feet to keep from being herded into a barn for birthing.  The moon is probably out of reach, but I’m withholding judgment on any lower height.

Of course this is an anecdote and therefore worthless as evidence.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 19 December 2009 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15034
Joined  2006-08-16

Well, when those crazy cowboys climb on the backs of bulls they seem to jump around a bit and somewhat high. Even though they’re bucking more than jumping I bet they an jump a pretty good height/distance.  So the female versions can probably get up pretty good, too, depending on the breed and the motivation.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 01 January 2010 03:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2009-12-31

The title of this post makes the information withing pretty much self refuting.

Kind Regards
King Fluffs

Signature 

Cryptids On Land Are Easier To Hunt Than Those In Sea And Air.

1 of 1