Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14
daveprime - 19 December 2009 08:45 AM
Accipiter - 19 December 2009 06:23 AM
Crafty Dragon - 19 December 2009 05:20 AM

*sigh* red face  Did it again…. downer

Do we need to get you two to start writing every comment as a professional letter?

“18 December, 2009

Dear Hulitoons,

I feel that etc. etc. etc. . .

Sincerely,

Crafty Dragon, Montanaian Extraordinaire”

Even funnier is that she almost responded to your post….AS ME…Again!!! LOL  LOL
Gee, think she’s hinting about what she wants for her b-day in Jan.? wink

Naw….... blank stare  cheese

She wants your computer?

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 19 December 2009 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
gray - 19 December 2009 06:00 PM

She wants your computer?

Or perhaps a sex-change operation.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 20 December 2009 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Eric has this weird thing where he equates gifts with how much you love someone.  The more gifts, the more money spent, the more you love them…I blame his family.  His father is this way.  If you’re not spending money on somebody, you clearly don’t love them.  The weirdest part…the guy is broke as the day is long!  I have sort of almost gotten Eric out of this line of thinking…mostly b/c there have been many occasions that just didn’t fall into a good pay period and would have to wait or go without being gifted all together.  One of my favorite ways to show my love & appreciation is with food -and it is also a cheaper way, as even in the worst of times we have SOME kind of food in the house.  So I have spent some events cooking like a mad woman…and Eric, in the fashion he was raised, never gives a compliment.  NOT EVER.  He gets angry when I fish for them…“Does my hair look nice?  Do you like dinner?  Is my makeup okay?”  ...And he’ll point out that he hates when I try to pull a compliment out of him, I remind him I wouldn’t have to if he would give them on his own.  Ugh…one major flaw I take issue with that I can’t seem to get out of him!

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 20 December 2009 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
Maegan - 20 December 2009 01:50 PM

Eric has this weird thing where he equates gifts with how much you love someone.  The more gifts, the more money spent, the more you love them…I blame his family.  His father is this way.  If you’re not spending money on somebody, you clearly don’t love them.  The weirdest part…the guy is broke as the day is long!  I have sort of almost gotten Eric out of this line of thinking…mostly b/c there have been many occasions that just didn’t fall into a good pay period and would have to wait or go without being gifted all together.  One of my favorite ways to show my love & appreciation is with food -and it is also a cheaper way, as even in the worst of times we have SOME kind of food in the house.  So I have spent some events cooking like a mad woman…and Eric, in the fashion he was raised, never gives a compliment.  NOT EVER.  He gets angry when I fish for them…“Does my hair look nice?  Do you like dinner?  Is my makeup okay?”  ...And he’ll point out that he hates when I try to pull a compliment out of him, I remind him I wouldn’t have to if he would give them on his own.  Ugh…one major flaw I take issue with that I can’t seem to get out of him!

If that’s the only complaint you have about him I think you should consider yourself lucky.  Most women I know have a much longer list.  grin

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 December 2009 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

My *entire family* is hard to shop for. If we need something, or like something enough, we will generally get it on our own. Otherwise, we will happily do without. Comes from being poor as church mice back in the day, I suppose. As such, gift cards have become a welcome gift on all sides.. as long as you know what company to get the gift card at!

This year, finances being tight, I’m making home-made Christmas crackers. Actually, they may be Christmas ka-BOOMers, as they’re about three times the size of more mundane crackers, and are packed with a random assortment of stuff.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 20 December 2009 04:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

Hmm.  Thanks for reminding me Robin.  I’ll have to pick up some of those before christmas dinner.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 December 2009 11:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15027
Joined  2006-08-16

Your hair looks great today, Maegan.

And if you’re not sure what kind of store to get a gift card from, Robin, just get one of those Visa/MC/Amex gift cards. Then they can shop pretty much wherever they want. (Not that you’re doing that this year.)

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 01 January 2010 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2009-12-31

Ewwww,i have a vivid mental image of what that used slushy maker looked like.
Lol

Kind Regards
King Fluffs

Signature 

Cryptids On Land Are Easier To Hunt Than Those In Sea And Air.

Posted: 06 January 2010 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

All of you were so positive that Erik would enjoy or at least appear to enjoy the Christmas I wanted to give him so I wanted to at least let you know that I think he did and is still playing and I’m VERY pleased since I really didn’t know how a couple of the gifts really worked. 

Along with an IPod Touch, a Garmin GPS, portable DVD player and a Darwin doll (I made that one), I got him :  Genographic Project International Public Participation Kit  For me this one has been fun so far.  He had to take two swabbings at different times and they had to be at least an hour before or after eating.  We got word as soon as these were received back and updates in the progress of the testing and I can’t wait to see where his earliest, dominant ancestor first began migrating and where the migration trail leads (well, obviously here HAHAHA!).  I’m not sure which parent he selected (idiot me didn’t ask him) to follow. 

I guess one of the things that interested me in this is that Erik’s dna is now part of a research project that will continue on as other people submit theirs and, well, I think that’s really cool!

About the only thing Erik did say was that I spent too much but I reminded him that first, if I could I would give him the moon and universe. and second, he has given me and many others this holiday for MANY years during which I and they could not reciprocate.  Besides, it was grand fun for me!  (I did remind him that all receipts were with each and he was welcome to return them if he wished).

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

2 of 2