4 of 16
16th December - Is this one of the 12 Days of Christmas?
Posted: 19 December 2009 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

We’re just heading off to my mum and dad’s house. It’s her 60th birthday tomorrow, and we were going to have a big dinner at a restaurant. However, due to family issues that I shan’t go into, that had to be postponed, and so we are going to go through and cook her a nice dinner*. I also bought some nice wine, so she can be pampered, and I have made her a necklace, as she’s not getting her proper gift until Hogmanay, when all the family can be together (her choice of timing, BTW).

*These with pasta in this sauce. And a cake.
smile

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 19 December 2009 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Smerk - 19 December 2009 01:57 AM

Y’know, that’d only be convincing if I couldn’t see the IP addresses…

She’s spying on us!!!  gulp

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 December 2009 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14
Accipiter - 19 December 2009 06:29 PM
Smerk - 19 December 2009 01:57 AM

Y’know, that’d only be convincing if I couldn’t see the IP addresses…

She’s spying on us!!!  gulp

Only on you, to make sure you are where you are supposed to be.  hehe

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 19 December 2009 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
gray - 19 December 2009 11:37 PM

According to her, though, I’m not.  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 December 2009 09:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
Accipiter - 19 December 2009 11:38 PM
gray - 19 December 2009 11:37 PM

According to her, though, I’m not.  wink

You know there’s a solution.  Are we going to have to set a date for you two?

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 December 2009 01:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26368
Joined  2004-11-29

I think you’re going to have to drag him kicking and screaming away from his job, first…

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 20 December 2009 02:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

Job? It must be a good job to be dragged away from.

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 20 December 2009 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14
Smerk - 20 December 2009 06:45 AM

I think you’re going to have to drag him kicking and screaming away from his job, first…

I can arrange that.  When you want to take delivery?  cheese

Signature 

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 December 2009 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
Boo - 19 December 2009 03:15 PM

...However, due to family issues that I shan’t go into, that had to be postponed…

Yeah, that was me, or rather it was Zeph. wink
He wasn’t his usual self all last weekend, and by Monday night had a high fever and ended up being admitted to the Sick Kids for tests and treatment. He had loads of blood taken, a lumbar puncture, ultrasounds of his brain, heart, kidneys and bladder, a chest x-ray, three drips put in for antibiotics, antivirals and painkillers…

They found that he had something called Enterovirus which led to viral meningitis, for which there isn’t much they can do other than wait for him to recover himself. He got a full course of the antibiotics just in case of any other infections, but was a lot better by Thursday, and we got to come home today. smile

Oh, and while examining the chest x-ray the doctor saw that he has a broken collarbone from when he was being born!

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 20 December 2009 04:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
Madmouse - 20 December 2009 07:41 PM

Oh, and while examining the chest x-ray the doctor saw that he has a broken collarbone from when he was being born!

big surprise You’re not supposed to break your youngsters that soon!!!

Signature 

Posted: 20 December 2009 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-14

One more day of work then I’m off until the 29th.  smile  Can hardly wait for tomorrow noon when I can beat it out of here.  The good thing about working this weekend is that I don’t have to fight the hordes of shoppers.  It will be somewhat better when I go searching for that one last present.

Signature 

My blog
My Website

4 of 16