1 of 1
Former Soviet cosmonaut Konstantin Feoktistov dies
Posted: 22 November 2009 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

The USSR’s first civilian cosmonaut Konstantin Feoktistov, a crew member of the Voskhod spaceship in 1964, has died in Moscow aged 83, Russian media say.

Feoktistov also designed and tested spaceships himself, and has a crater on the Moon named after him.

He worked on the design of both the Salyut and Mir space stations.

The 1964 flight is famous for being the first in which crew members were sent into space without wearing special space suits.

Feoktistov was born in February 1926 in the city of Voronezh, and was wounded while serving in intelligence in World War II.

In 1964 he became the first non-military person to be sent on a space flight. He was also the only non-member of the Communist Party in Soviet history to become a cosmonaut.

Source: BBC News

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 23 November 2009 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Why posted in conspiracy theories????

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 24 November 2009 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

1) Former Soviet
2) First civilan cosmonaut
3) He

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

1 of 1