2 of 2
Helen Keller invented secret sign language code so that Satanists like George Bush, Prince William, Elizabeth Tayor and many more could show allegienc
Posted: 09 November 2009 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Look at the other hand in the Sarah Palin picture. Is she suggesting there to get fingered???
tongue wink

“I Love You! Finger me…”  :-p

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 09 November 2009 09:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Ahdora - 09 November 2009 05:54 AM

They’re really stretching with some of those pictures.  A lot of people point to things like that, and some of their ‘examples’ aren’t even fully connecting the fingers and thumb.  Idiots.

Yup. I tend to wigle with my fingers as a greeting gesture, as many people actually do. When you photograph it the still can very easily show this finger configuration.

Besides that, some of the pics simply show the “ILY”-sign, as already mentioned, the sign language sign for “I Love You”.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 09 November 2009 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2008-11-18
sensibleken - 09 November 2009 12:24 PM
Accipiter - 09 November 2009 06:56 AM
Peter - 09 November 2009 06:37 AM

So the author of that web site is saying “I love you” is a Satanic verse?

Charming.  rolleyes

There are less charming symbols that are similar.  If you make that symbol but have your thumb folded down so that it’s just the two fingers, then in Italy or France you’re saying that somebody’s wife is cheating on him.  On the other hand, the exact same symbol is also used in the exact same places to ward off bad luck.  The sign has the same latter meaning for Hindus, too.  But those are all without using the thumb, and also either totally unrelated to or else totally the opposite of any sort of diabolical meaning.

What all the rock stars and the like are making the sign for, I dunno.  But any devil-worship meaning added to the symbol is a very recent thing, I believe.

the devil horns thing is attributed to ronnie james dio. i think it existed before him but he certainly popularised it

He learned it from his Italian grandmother

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sign_of_the_horns:

R.J. Dio

Posted: 10 November 2009 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

I’m just impressed someone was able to find and put all those pictures, especially because some of them are barely the “Satan hand signal” at all.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 10 November 2009 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27
Accipiter - 09 November 2009 06:12 AM
Peter - 09 November 2009 06:05 AM

It’s basically a sign language shorthand (no pun intended) for “I Love You”.  These are the standard American Sign Language signs for individual letters:

Look ma, without hands!

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 27 June 2011 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-06-27

History of sign language

One of the earliest written records of a signed language occurred in the fifth century BC, in Plato’s Cratylus, where Socrates says: “If we hadn’t a voice or a tongue, and wanted to express things to one another, wouldn’t we try to make signs by moving our hands, head, and the rest of our body, just as dumb people do at present?”[3] It seems that groups of deaf people have used signed languages throughout history.

You stupid effing moron…I realize there is an element of truth in nearly everything but I am so freaking tired of paranoid morons who punp out misinformation on the internet.

Posted: 27 June 2011 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9104
Joined  2008-03-02

Out of curiosity, who are you calling a moron, exactly?  All of the posts here are from people saying that the website is stretching things quite a bit to call the ILY sign a Satanic symbol, including the original poster.

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 27 June 2011 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

I still wonder why this is in Links, rather than Conspiracies.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

2 of 2