1 of 1
Hoax or miracle?
Posted: 04 November 2009 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

Personally I’m calling hoax on this one.  It appears there is a baby in Russia who seems to have verses from the Koran randomly appearing on it’s skin.

link to article.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 04 November 2009 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Yeah.. Honestly I think it’s horrible that the kid has to suffer so the parents can get attention.. Messiah Complex Via Proxy, perhaps..

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 05 November 2009 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

I’m calling it a hoax.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 05 November 2009 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-09-28

could be true. a dog with a perfectly shaped heart on his fur turned out to be true…of all the marks in the world, some are going to look like other things. hoax or miracle? neither. coincedence.

Signature 

http://www.thatsnonsense.com - quick reference to email and Internet nonsense.

Posted: 05 November 2009 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
mumei101 - 05 November 2009 10:54 PM

could be true. a dog with a perfectly shaped heart on his fur turned out to be true…of all the marks in the world, some are going to look like other things. hoax or miracle? neither. coincedence.

There is a huge difference between a mark that looks like a heart compared to a whole series of exact detailed reproductions of Quran verses appearing and disappearing.  That pushes it to such far extermes of coincidence that it can’t really be coincidence.  And I really doubt that Allah would go around making verses appear on some baby, so that leaves hoax.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 09 November 2009 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1108
Joined  2009-03-01
Accipiter - 05 November 2009 10:58 PM

And I really doubt that Allah would go around making verses appear on some baby, so that leaves hoax.

Hey, Jesus is going around making his image appear on toast. Allah has to do something to catch up.

Signature 

“It’s not that I don’t think that the government would try to hide dead aliens; it’s that I don’t think the government would succeed, since every time the government tries to do something secretly, as in the Iran-contra arms deal, it winds up displaying all the finesse and stealth of an exploding cigar at a state funeral.”

~Dave Barry

Posted: 09 November 2009 11:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

No, Allah would just start performing miracles involving falafel.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 01 January 2010 05:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2009-12-31

When i read this i heard Hoax! screaming at me.
Yeah im also dubbing it a Hoax.

Kind Regards
King Fluffs

Signature 

Cryptids On Land Are Easier To Hunt Than Those In Sea And Air.

Posted: 22 January 2010 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-01-22

I also believe it’s a hoax. If they took the kid and put him in a room and then the verses appeared without anyone doing anything to him, then I would be shocked, otherwise, this just points to hoax.

Signature 

beep.

1 of 1