1 of 1
Opinions of Ken Follett
Posted: 23 October 2009 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I like a lot of his stuff, and I dislike a lot of his stuff.  Sometimes it seems like it’s all written by different people.  This is actually something I’ve suspected of James Patterson. 

Is it legal to sell your “name” to someone else to put on your copywrited material?  Just something that’s been going through my head lately.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 23 October 2009 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Bebelicious - 24 October 2009 01:22 AM

I like a lot of his stuff, and I dislike a lot of his stuff.  Sometimes it seems like it’s all written by different people.  This is actually something I’ve suspected of James Patterson.

I have a couple of his books here that are supposed to be good and that I’ve been planning on reading some day, but that I just haven’t gotten around to.  So I really know nothing of his work other than that the one person who read it and told me about it liked it.

Is it legal to sell your “name” to someone else to put on your copywrited material?  Just something that’s been going through my head lately.

Heh, happens all the time, actually.  I’m not sure if there’s any legal requirement to say anywhere who the real writer is.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 24 October 2009 03:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

As far as I know, James Patterson does use ghost writers.

Edit:

Patterson has also received a fair bit of criticism for his continued work with collaborators. His prolific output is partially owed to the relationship he has with his many co-authors who share an authorship credit on the cover. The authors, in their agreement with Patterson, have agreed not to disclose the terms of their working relationship, including how much involvement Patterson has on each co-authored book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Patterson

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

1 of 1