MONTREAL, Quebec (AP)—A teenager with a peanut allergy did not die from kissing her boyfriend following his peanut-butter snack, but from a lack of oxygen to her brain, a Quebec coroner said Monday
Read more…... http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/03/06/peanut.kiss.ap/index.html
Ok, help me out here.
I get a severe allergic reaction when I’m around cats and my throat closes up and I can’t breathe. Not breathing is an allergic reaction. Wouldn’t not breathing lead to, oh… say… lack of oxygen to the brain? Lack of oxygen to the brain could lead to…. death if my high school science isn’t too fuzzy.
So, I guess I’m not following the logic here, unless the official report was meant to legally protect the boyfriend from some sort of manslaughter charge or civil court action.