1 of 1
Reminder: Dan Brown’s ‘Lost Symbol’ Is Fiction
Posted: 20 September 2009 02:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27

Dan Brown’s latest book, “The Lost Symbol,” is woven with a maze of secretive plots, conspiracies, symbols and codes. “Symbol” is another thriller by Brown that draws inspiration from a mixture of science and mysticism.

One of the main characters is a researcher at the Smithsonian Institution’s vast support center, a location that is off-limits to the public. The real science in “Symbol” takes a turn toward fiction when Brown suggests that noetics

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 21 September 2009 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2009-09-12

It’s kind of sad that people have to be reminded that it’s fiction.

Posted: 21 September 2009 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

He does tend to hit the conspiracy theorist ‘hot buttons’, as well as matter-of-fact presentation of some of his story elements.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 23 September 2009 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2007-07-11

its too bad he wrote another novel. I hope that he has the historical facts right this time.

Signature 

have you ever danced with the devil in plae moonlight?

1 of 1