19 of 19
(forget Darwin) Them and Us: how Neanderthal predation created modern humans begins
Posted: 27 March 2011 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2892
Joined  2005-06-15
SteveE - 27 March 2011 06:32 AM

Bernardo:

I don’t think that saying a particular book is “far better than the Bible” proves anything at all - after all, the Bible is about 0% accurate historically.

Could you quote the post you are replying too please? I’m getting totally lost in this thread.

EDIT: Would it be the following post you are replying too?

Bernardo - 21 September 2009 10:08 AM

Have any of you people actually read Danny Vendramini’s book Them + Us: how Neanderthal predation created modern humans, or have you simply relied on a journo’s interpretation of the news release? If not, I suggest you go to his web site, http://www.themandus.org, order a copy, read it, think about it, and then perhaps consider an informed response. While his NP Theory might well make you a little uncomfortable about our possible origins, it might also enable you to better understand some of his assertions. For example, an explanation of how we - the glorious human race - became the most efficient killing machines in the history of the world. Or why we worry about what might be following us in the dark. I’ve actually read the book and, without making any extravagant claims about its credibility, I can say Vendramini’s theory provides a great deal of food for thought. Better - by far - than the Bible. And far more credible. Once you too have read it (and the science based evidence he offers to support his theory), you might feel better qualified to offer comment. At least then you might have some idea of what you are talking about.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 27 March 2011 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
SteveE - 27 March 2011 06:32 AM

Bernardo:

I don’t think that saying a particular book is “far better than the Bible” proves anything at all - after all, the Bible is about 0% accurate historically.

Probably closer to about 80% at the very least (which is why it’s an important resource in ancient Middle Eastern studies), but that’s off the topic, really.  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

19 of 19