1 of 19
(forget Darwin) Them and Us: how Neanderthal predation created modern humans begins
Posted: 16 September 2009 09:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

http://www.themandus.org/

Kardoorair Press is proud to present Them and Us by Danny Vendramini, the most revolutionary idea in human evolution since The Descent of Man by Charles Darwin.

Put aside everything you thought you knew about being human - about how we got here and what it all means. Australian theoretical biologist Danny Vendramini has developed a theory of human origins that is stunning in its simplicity, yet breathtaking in its scope and importance.

Them and Us: how Neanderthal predation created modern humans begins with a radical reassessment of Neanderthals. He shows they weren’t docile omnivores, but savage, cannibalistic carnivores - top flight predators of the stone age.

Neanderthal Predation (NP) theory reveals that Neanderthals were ‘apex’ predators - who resided at the top of the food chain, and everything else - including humans - was their prey.

NP theory is one of those groundbreaking ideas that revolutionizes scientific thinking. It represents a quantum leap in our understanding of human origins.

neanderthal predation theory
According to NP theory, Eurasian Neanderthals hunted, killed and cannibalised early humans for 50,000 years in an area of the Middle East known as the Mediterranean Levant (see map, right).

Because the two species were sexually compatible, Eurasian Neanderthals also abducted and raped human females.

Them and Us cites archaeological and genetic evidence to show that this prolonged period of cannibalistic and sexual predation began about 100,000 years ago and that by 50,000 years ago, the human population in the Levant was reduced to as few as 50 individuals. Neanderthal predation generated the selection pressure that transformed the tiny survivor population of early humans into modern humans. This Levantine group became the founding population of all humans living today.

NP theory argues that modern human physiology, sexuality, aggression, propensity for inter-group violence and human nature all emerged as a direct consequence of systematic long-term dietary and sexual predation by Eurasian Neanderthals.

NP theory resolves the last great mysteries of humanity - how, why, when and where we became human beings. As such it is a candidate for the biggest shake-up in evolutionary theory since Darwin.

“Danny Vendramini presents a truly unique and innovative picture of the role of Neandertal predation in human evolution

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 16 September 2009 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Ooooh, nothing is such a good old, dehumanizing stereotype as the canniballistic rapist…...

* bangs head on desk *

* feels a bit ashamed of his colleagues that seem to laud this theory *

Come on guys! Get real!  - very big sigh -

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 16 September 2009 11:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  374
Joined  2004-04-20

Sounds like the guy is trying to put a new spin on the killer ape theory.

Posted: 16 September 2009 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

And I was just getting used to music playing Neanderthals who buried their dead with flowers.

darn

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 17 September 2009 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

Ok we are fogetting that war is hell. homo sapiens sapiens (wise wise man) does not commit rape (ask those who survivied bosnia or Ms. Dugard), We do not murder for no reason (Jack the ripper or the Green river Killer).  In the wars to survive and the battle to survive (whatever your reason may be religon or…) homo sapiens do things that are irrehensible(sp I know bad speller). If we followed the tenets that a lot of the sacred texts tell us to we would not be this way. I know a lot of people are mentally ill and these people need to be treated or if need confined and treated. We cannot claim any evolutionary advantage

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 17 September 2009 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

Exactly. The evidence for cannibalism among our own species Homo sapiens is a magnitude larger than that for Homo neanderthalensis, the Neandertal. Yes, both species did occasionally behave cannibalistic. Moula-Guercy gives good evidence for Neandertal cannibalism (but is one out of 3 of such possible cases only). But both archaeology and historic accounts are riddled with evidence of cannibalism by our own species.

The “reconstructions” on that webpage are a joke. They are a cheap knock-off of this century-old drawing :
http://cndls.georgetown.edu/applications/posterTool/data/users/Boule Neanderthal.jpg

Frankly, I cannot believe that people like Shea and Davidson would really endorse this view. I’ll have to look up what they wrote on the book, as I suspect it might be very selective quoting….

Signature 

———
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 17 September 2009 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-06

Okay, I am starting more and more to believe that this is a hoax or some kind of social experiment.

There is a bit too much reference to known stereotypes in this all.

I also have been searching for the origin of the favourable quote, apparently from a review, attributed to the journal Current Anthropology (a well known scientific journal), but can’t find it anywhere in that journal’s content. In fact, I haven’t been able to locate any review in any journal so far.

Signature 

———

Posted: 17 September 2009 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

In that case I can only say:
“Leave those Neanderthals alone…!!”
[/hysterics]

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 17 September 2009 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2005-09-11

50 individuals? In most mammalian species a population of 1000-2000 is needed to avoid the gene pool being totally messed up. Incest would have killed us all off.

Signature 

This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents.

“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die!”

Some people are like slinkies: They don’t really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posted: 17 September 2009 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27
eovti - 17 September 2009 04:26 PM

50 individuals? In most mammalian species a population of 1000-2000 is needed to avoid the gene pool being totally messed up. Incest would have killed us all off.

Never heard of bible belts?

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 17 September 2009 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
LaMa - 17 September 2009 12:02 PM

Okay, I am starting more and more to believe that this is a hoax or some kind of social experiment.

There is a bit too much reference to known stereotypes in this all.

I also have been searching for the origin of the favourable quote, apparently from a review, attributed to the journal Current Anthropology (a well known scientific journal), but can’t find it anywhere in that journal’s content. In fact, I haven’t been able to locate any review in any journal so far.

Inspector LaMa is on the case!  Hurrah!  wink

What I’m wondering is how come the fifty individuals who survived in the Middle East are supposed to be our common ancestors.  What about all the thousands of Homo sapiens who were living elsewhere?  Did they just all suddenly decide that heterosexuality was old-fashioned and stop breeding, thus leaving the fifty in the Middle East to carry on the species?

eovti - 17 September 2009 04:26 PM

The general rule (not accepted by everyone, of course) is that you need at least 50 individuals for short term population survival, 500 for long term.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 21 September 2009 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2009-09-21

Have any of you people actually read Danny Vendramini’s book Them + Us: how Neanderthal predation created modern humans, or have you simply relied on a journo’s interpretation of the news release? If not, I suggest you go to his web site, http://www.themandus.org, order a copy, read it, think about it, and then perhaps consider an informed response. While his NP Theory might well make you a little uncomfortable about our possible origins, it might also enable you to better understand some of his assertions. For example, an explanation of how we - the glorious human race - became the most efficient killing machines in the history of the world. Or why we worry about what might be following us in the dark. I’ve actually read the book and, without making any extravagant claims about its credibility, I can say Vendramini’s theory provides a great deal of food for thought. Better - by far - than the Bible. And far more credible. Once you too have read it (and the science based evidence he offers to support his theory), you might feel better qualified to offer comment. At least then you might have some idea of what you are talking about.

1 of 19