1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 47
2 Sept - Onam Festival, India
Posted: 01 September 2009 11:01 PM
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15034
Joined  2006-08-16

Nothing much to note, so go read the last post by Acci in the last daily thread and watch the CNN video of the chupacabra.  If you can watch it and it’s interesting (Acci can’t and I can’t watch it) post it on the forum.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 01 September 2009 11:03 PM   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

And go find a festive onam!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 01 September 2009 11:10 PM   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10732
Joined  2008-02-21

It’s not bad….. Apparently the brother of a taxidermist found something a little odd in his barn and poisoned it. (It was Texas and that’s apparently what they do there.)

The taxidermist doesn’t think it’s a coyote, and points out some interesting differences like longer canines and longer front legs.  It looks like a coyote with mange to me. 😕

I liked the next video to come up better. It is about the website Animal perspectives dot com.  It shows video shot from the animals’ point of view. Featured are things like alligators, wild pigs, deer, etc.

*...Understands now what the new ‘hat’ the Aardvark has been wearing really is…* :wow:

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 01 September 2009 11:13 PM   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
DavePrime - 02 September 2009 03:10 AM

It shows video shot from the animals’ point of view. Featured are things like alligators, wild pigs, deer, etc.

Maybe you could contribute one of dragons. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 01 September 2009 11:45 PM   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

There’s no way I am going to make any comment about “riding Dragons” or shooting anything from “their point of view”. 😕  :lol:

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2009 01:58 AM   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6943
Joined  2005-10-21

For a moment there, I thought the thread title was ‘Onan Festival’, which made me think “Wow, India gets all the cool festivals..’

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsibility to disprove your claims, but rather your responsibility to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 02 September 2009 07:39 AM   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21
Robin Bobcat - 02 September 2009 05:58 AM

For a moment there, I thought the thread title was ‘Onan Festival’, which made me think “Wow, India gets all the cool festivals..’

Me Too!! :lol:

I could go in for one of THOSE festivals! 😉  :lol:

I just got back from the store.  I like shopping either VERY early, or VERY late. (Less crowded, and I don’t seem to have old ladies slamming their carts into my bad hip.) 😠

Oh well.

In the words of my little girl: “The sun is shining, the Birds are singing, It Time to get up!” :cheese:

*...Dances off to make some fresh JAVA and devour donut holes…* 🐍

“Waltzing Matilda…...Waltzing Matilda…..” 😊

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2009 07:59 AM   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

Hmmm. Interesting Festival. 

It looks like a lot of fun! :cheese:

Of course i like to feast EVERY day….. 😉  :lol:

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2009 08:26 AM   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  595
Joined  2009-06-04

Went and exercised at a gym yesterday for the first time in many years.  I’m not as strong as I used to be, I could barely curl 30lbs when I used to do 90 easy on the machines.  I think I may be getting flabby.

My son learned about some cool historical people yesterday in his 3rd grade class.  I was glad I didn’t have anything in my mouth when he told me who he learned about.  It was Paul Reverse.  Neo asked if Paul Reverse rode his horse backwards through the village yelling “The British are leaving!”

Signature 

Help my dragon grow http://dragcave.net/user/CarmenSense

Posted: 02 September 2009 08:28 AM   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5555
Joined  2007-03-14

This festival seems to beat the heck out of the county fairs and festivals around here.  Not sure about the food though.  I’ve never been partial to Indian cuisine.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 02 September 2009 09:51 AM   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21
CarmenSense - 02 September 2009 12:26 PM

Went and exercised at a gym yesterday for the first time in many years.  I’m not as strong as I used to be, I could barely curl 30lbs when I used to do 90 easy on the machines.  I think I may be getting flabby.

My son learned about some cool historical people yesterday in his 3rd grade class.  I was glad I didn’t have anything in my mouth when he told me who he learned about.  It was Paul Reverse.  Neo asked if Paul Reverse rode his horse backwards through the village yelling “The British are leaving!”

:lol:

And I agree Gray.  Indian cuisine has a bit too much spice for me.  I like the way it smells though. 😊

Signature 

Posted: 02 September 2009 10:56 AM   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
DavePrime - 02 September 2009 01:51 PM

And I agree Gray.  Indian cuisine has a bit too much spice for me.  I like the way it smells though. 😊

In Kerala, it tends to be more sour than hot.

And the mighty Abby has been given her flea medication, in spite of the most pathetic and heartbreaking whimpers ever to issue forth from feline throat in the history of the universe.

Signature 

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 47