Not The Farmer’s Almanac, let’s do the ‘Hoax Forum Alamanac’?
Posted: 31 August 2009 04:17 PM
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Today it felt as if in the middle of SUMMER, someone opened the door to AUTUMN and as the unseasonal rush of chill swirled in I wanted whoever left the door open be kind enough to come back and close it!  I immediately visualized the door right across the hallway marked WINTER and that the same idiot was going to pull that one open and let snow and sleet erase all semblance of sanity to changing seasons…....

So I decided to set my dismal thoughts aside and visit the old farmer’s almanac:  http://www.almanac.com/weather/

This one covers just the north American continent but there’s at least some idea noting how it did over the course of 2009 so far and then the few months left yet to react to the projected prophecies….

Includes predictions for all or portions of District of Columbia (Washington), Georgia (Dillard, Sky Valley), Maryland (Aspen Hill, Bethesda, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring), Michigan (Detroit, Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe Woods), New Jersey (Augusta, Belvidere, Branchville, Newton, Swartswood), New York (Auburn, Binghamton, Elmira, Ithaca, Syracuse), North Carolina (Asheville, Hickory, Kernersville, Morganton, Winston-Salem), Pennsylvania (Allentown, Altoona, Lancaster, Reading, Scranton), Tennessee (Mountain City, Roan Mountain, Trade), Virginia (Arlington, Burke, Lynchburg, Reston, Roanoke), West Virginia (Charles Town, Keyser, Martinsburg, Petersburg, Ranson).
Appalachians Long-range Weather Region

After a mild November, December through March will be cold and snowy, with temperatures about two degrees below normal, on average. The coldest temperatures will occur in early and mid-December, early and late January, and early and mid-February. The biggest snowstorm will occur in early January, with snow likely in time for Thanksgiving and frequent snowfall in December and mid-February.

April and May will be warmer and drier than normal, with especially warm temperatures in late April.

The summer will be hotter and drier than normal, with the hottest temperatures in mid-June, early to mid-July, and mid-August.

September and October will be cooler than normal, with continued below-normal rainfall adding to drought concerns in much of the area.

then:

August 2009
Avg. Temperature: 71

Signature 

SilentTone:// hulitoons blog of just plain silliness
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 31 August 2009 06:45 PM   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5555
Joined  2007-03-14

Long warm fall fading into colder weather about the end of October.  No snow until the end of November.  I’m forecasting a brown christmas here.    Dec, Jan and Feb are going to be warmer than normal with less snow than normal.  March is going to have a couple of heavy snowfalls that will last until mid April.  May will be hot and wet (get your minds out of the gutter).  Jun, Jul and Aug next year will be hotter and dryer than normal. 

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.  😜

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 31 August 2009 09:00 PM   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

Oh please no more ice storms like the one we had last Jan here in KY!!!

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 31 August 2009 09:23 PM   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3807
Joined  2008-09-08

Supposedly we might get snow this Fair, which would be a record.  I don’t think we will, though, as the coldest days have passed for now and there’s only a week left of the Fair.

Posted: 01 September 2009 01:12 AM   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6943
Joined  2005-10-21

We’ve had a VERY mild summer, with only a few triple-digit days to show for it. Not complaining.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsibility to disprove your claims, but rather your responsibility to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?