1 of 1
Vicious Siberian Chipmunks Invades The UK
Posted: 28 July 2009 12:58 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

A KILLER chipmunk terrorised a family by invading their kitchen and munching their Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

Horrified trucker Bryan Foreman, 50, found the critter with its head in the cereal box.

He and wife Susan fear the rodent is one of the vicious Siberian chipmunks which The Sun last week warned were set to invade Britain.

The creature left Bryan and Susan’s two cats shaking - and they and the family’s dog now can’t go into the garden.

Mum-of-four Susan, 44, from the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, said: “It was terrifying. I’ve never seen anything like it.

“We could hear it banging about in the kitchen and when my husband went in it had its head in the cereal and was munching away.

“He shouted and it ran back out into the garden.

“We think it had a good go at whatever else it found in the cupboards as well.

“My cats are traumatised. We’re too scared to let them out in case it’s still lurking.”

French naturalist Guy Bruel, who issued one of the first Siberian chipmunk alerts, is sure the rodent was one of them.
Cuddly

He warned that other people could find unwelcome guests as the pesky invaders start to get hungry.

The animals can be infected with deadly Lyme disease, which hits the nervous system. They can also carry rabies.

Guy said: “They will stop at nothing to get what they want. This includes sneaking into people’s homes to have a nibble of food.

“They look cuddly and harmless, and this makes them particularly dangerous. If startled they can give a nasty nip, especially when cornered.”

Advertisement

Susan first spotted the chipmunk in her garden running along the fence. It later made its way into the house by brazenly jumping on the cats’ den.

She added: “Usually the cats are really playful but now they’re very quiet and reclusive. I don’t know what it did to scare them so badly.”

The RSPCA warned that anyone who finds a Siberian chipmunk should contain it in a box or shed then call the Non-native Species Secretariat or Natural England.

RECIPES for chipmunks are flooding the web - including kebabs, pies and stews.

ource

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 30 July 2009 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I saw one of those for sale a while ago in a pet store in. . .ummmm. . .Delaware, I think it was.  Perhaps I should have bought it and released it into the wilderness, to terrorise the Delawarians.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 30 July 2009 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14

Nothing that a 9 iron won’t take care of.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 30 July 2009 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17

The thing is, if they’re readers of The Sun then I don’t trust them to recognise an actual squirrel…

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 30 July 2009 10:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Madmouse - 30 July 2009 08:51 PM

The thing is, if they’re readers of The Sun then I don’t trust them to recognise an actual squirrel…

They’re those aquatic mammals that perform in aquarium shows and get caught in fishing nets in the ocean a lot, right?

I can imagine somebody catching a squirrel and setting it up in a series of mugshots, holding a little sign with “T. Sibiricus” written on it.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 03 August 2009 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2009-08-02

Reminds me that once my aunt, when she got her house, had a squirrel in the chimney. It tried to make a hole through the wall.
Also reminds me i need lunch

Signature 

No one knows im a ninja
Click Here for meh
or here
or even here

1 of 1